• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official: NSX Racer to Compete in 2014 Super GT Season

EAC

Legendary Member
http://acuraconnected.com/2013/02/13/official-nsx-racer-to-compete-in-2014-super-gt-season/

After a four year hiatus, the NSX will make a return to Japan’s Super GT Series for the 2014 season. Last week at the 2013 Honda Motorsports press conference in Japan, Honda CEO Takanobu Ito confirmed that a racing machine based on the NSX Concept will replace their front engine Honda HSV-010 GT in the GT500 class. During the presentation, images of the “Next Evolution” Acura NSX Concept were shown. Additional details were scarce, only mentioning that the racer will be “suited to the new GT500 regulations” in 2014.

Maybe someone familiar with the regulations can chime in and say a bit more about what this means for the engine?

It may mean Honda simply intends to get another "special exception" for the NSX mid-engine layout. I cannot see how they could stuff a Formula Nippon V8 in the front of the current concept.

Honestly, I believe that Honda worked with the board to make special arrangements for the future of GT. All racing series are going hybrid, so why not Super GT? The fact that Honda has decided to build another MR super car also tells me that the FR rules are about to go bye-bye. They lost a lot of good competing teams because of that BS and with one of their own on the outside, it makes more sense to just negate the stupidest rule in their book. Not allowing MR only hurts the sport.

I thought Honda retired the original NSX from JGTC because the rule outlawed MR layout.

Back