• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Oil change in Houston ??

I want to tackle this myself but don't have the time, where can I take my car for an oil change .... The thing is that my car is lowered and it's dificult to get on a normal lift

I live by the galleria area,, thanks in advance

If you have time to wait for them to do it, then you have time to do it yourself. Plus youll know exactly whats going into your car. It only take 30 minutes to complete and clean up.

In the amount of time it took you to start this thread and then go back and read it, you could be half done your oil change. 40 min is taking you time and being careful. Exactly how long do you need to wait with all the minivan owners while someone that has never worked on a car like yours fiddles with it?
If you have the ability, do it yourself.

carboys lift is drop friendly:smile:

I have the same issue. Carboy is excellent choice, but sometimes a little out of my way since I live on the NorthWest side of town. I bought a low profile jack to get underneath the car and do it myself, but the joy of not doing the work is worth the money spent whne the temps are in the tripple digits.

NTW is great. they have the ability to raise cars that have been lowered. i just buy the OEM oil filters and washers and give it to them. they charge for the oil and labor. 30 bucks or something like that. saves me time in the heat and recycling the used oil.

NTW is everywhere and they are known for having "built-in the ground" lifts to raise lowered cars. Good place for 4 wheel alingment too.

Stay far from Firestone. They suck.

Even the Acura stealerships have a hard time with lowered NSX's. Took my car in to Acura dealer on 45N/Beltway 8 for oil change and 4 wheel alignment and the service dude said they couldn't do it cuz they couldn't get it on the lift. Idiots wasted my time.

Last edited:
Back