• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Old School...She's Still Got It

Well, before I begin my upgrades this summer, I thought I would finally take some (decent) shots of my '93 Red/Black NSX. This will be a good memory for the way she used to be. In the next few months, I will be going with a 1 inch drop, 04 wheels in gunmetal and rear spoiler. Additionally I'll go with a fixed antenna and 40% tint for that classic look. I'll tell ya though, even bone stock...she's still got the looks. If any has some bone stock photos they would like to share, feel free.

Currently, she has 36,100 miles on the clock...

nsx1.jpg

nsx2.jpg

nsx3.jpg

nsx5.jpg

nsx4.jpg

nsx6.jpg

Now that is clean, but the previous owner put turanza el42's on that car? Those are more touring car tire than performance tires.

Nice and clean.
I like the orginal stock look, but I am an old school kind of guy.
I also went with the Solaris Silver '94 wheels as much of an update as I think my '91 needs.

'91 w 35k miles:
'91 wheels vs '94 wheels.

Attachments

• HPIM0056_02.jpg
    HPIM0056_02.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 214
man, that shot from up top..

it's like looking down a blouse and seeing a nice set....

bra-less! :eek::biggrin:

Haha, that one is my favorite...taken from the second story of my house. I'm not much of a photographer and that red is the most difficult to catch correctly.

I'm thinking it's too beautiful to mess with..........

Some day in the not too distant future at the next big nsx meet the most unique looking example may in fact be a bone stock nsx:wink:

Thanks for the kind remarks. Everyone at work says the same thing, I should keep it stock. At times it's very neat to have a classic and others I feel left behind by the stock wheels and tires...I don't know.

Is it now "different" to be stock since everyone else has modified their cars? I never really thought about it that way. I remember as a child my father brought home a 1968 Porsche 912. I was dissapointed it didn't have the whale tail and fancy wheels of the newer Porsches. Now I would give anything to drive that car around.

Edit: I just had a thought, does anyone out there have a picture of a 91-93 NSX on stock wheels with 25mm spacers and a 1'' drop? Would that give the wheels a new lease on life?

Last edited:
Edit: I just had a thought, does anyone out there have a picture of a 91-93 NSX on stock wheels with 25mm spacers and a 1'' drop? Would that give the wheels a new lease on life?

No no no....take two aspirin and go to bed. Everything will be OK in the morning!

No, it wouldn't. But a 91 on '97-'01 wheels with 25mm spacers and a 1" drop would give a new lease on life. :biggrin:

Here is my updated 91 with stock wheels. Front adapter is 25 mm and rear is 35 mm. Lowered atleast by 1 inch with Tein coilovers.

DSC014351.JPG

DSC014341.JPG

DSC014332.JPG

A pic I took of my buddies NSX he used to have.. It had 25mm spacers in the rear lowered with Eibach springs.

DSC_00220001-1.jpg

Same everything except with 02+ wheels.

saw1copy.jpg

A pic I took of my buddies NSX he used to have.. It had 25mm spacers in the rear lowered with Eibach springs.

DSC_00220001-1.jpg

Same everything except with 02+ wheels.

saw1copy.jpg

I love the 02 wheels on the pop ups!

Why do you need to run spacers on a 91 with 91-93 oem wheels?

I love it....thanks for the pics. I still think I will go with 02+ wheels. The 15/16's still don't fill the wheel wells enough for me even with the drop.

The only think I was going to address was the ride height but its apparent we all have the same option.

Looking at your car reminds me of my first NSX...taking it back to the real reason we purchased these cars.

I have to say, ABSOLUTELY beautiful!

I love it....thanks for the pics. I still think I will go with 02+ wheels. The 15/16's still don't fill the wheel wells enough for me even with the drop.

You are correct, with the 15/16's 1 inch drop would not do the trick, 02+ wheels will look way better and less gab a big upgrade as well :biggrin:. Don't get me wrong the 15/16 will look amazing too but you need to lower it a bit more. By the way nice! pics I love the 1st pic, beautiful! NSX :biggrin:.

If I had a bone stock one I'd like to have this and that part but after the modding is done I would like to have it stock again. :) But again, you can't have both.
Nice and rare (on this forum) stock one! I like it! Keep it like this. It's real classic. :)

Back