• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ONR - Optimum No-Rinse

ONR

This stuff is exactly what they claim it is

I mixed some with distilled water in a spray bottle and its perfect
(don't use it straight, use the recommended ratio to thin it out)

Worked great as a clay bar lube, quick detailer, and spot detailing

Had some water spots, drips, and residue from a "spray bay" car wash = me + wand + $4.00 in quarters
Mind that this crap was on top of a week old wax job, just spray and wipe and its glossy again
smells pretty good too... I'm sold

Redwings, do you have to use a 2 bucket system if the car was a little dirty? What you did was more of a detail, spray and wipe, right? Thinking of getting it and give it a try. Saw it on eBay for $46 shipped.

Frankie

I have also used the optimum no-rinse to wash my car in the garage during the winter. Great stuff.

I pretty much have exclusively used the system (ONR and 2 buckets) for the past 4 years...started after having an intense 12 hour / 3 person detail and color correction of my m3 and was instructed never to let a non-detailer wash the car. I have since done all my personal cars the same way since i live in an apt...the NSX is no different. I can get a fairly dirty car to pristine condition with 2 buckets. The amount of water that ends up on the floor typically evaporates by the next day.

Just ordered the ONR wash and wax, a new product and given really good review. I'm going to give it a try and let the prime know how it goes.

Redwings, do you have to use a 2 bucket system if the car was a little dirty? What you did was more of a detail, spray and wipe, right? Thinking of getting it and give it a try. Saw it on eBay for $46 shipped.
Frankie

So yea... if the car is dirty, wash it with the two bucket system...

If the car is dusty or just a bit of road crap on it, I spray the area REAL good and then wipe it off lightly with a fresh microfiber
Typically a two spray bottle thing... one ONR mix and one distilled water for rinse (which also checks the wax by watching water bead or not)
Then dry it with a 2nd microfiber towel, not the dirty one
Panel by panel depending on time available and how anal I'm being that day/night

The general idea is that you don't want to drag dirt, grime, crap across a dry surface
You want to lift it off with something like ONR, which does the trick
and when you mix your own bottles, its way cheaper than buying detail spray

Basically I wash my car only after really long drives or if I know that I'm going to be stripping the wax, claybar, etc, etc, etc
-

i got some onr recently,and love it.i use it out in the driveway,rinse the car first with a hose,then use the two-bucket method to wash,then dry with a microfiber waffle weave towel. i'm not using it as an in-garage waterless wash product.what i like about it is that it shortens the process by avoiding the rinse,and the newer version has carnauba wax and uv protection in it.

Last edited:
Alternative one bucket method.
Read about this on another forum. He mixes rinseless wash (not ONR but similar) into a single bucket with two gallons of water. Throws in six plush 16 X 24 towels in the solution where he can fold each one in eighths thus never making a pass more than once with a folded side of towel. The important part is that when you are finished with each towel DO NOT place it back in the solution---go to a new towel in the bucket. The solution remains completely uncontaminated and can be reused again and again if you have a bucket with a gamma seal. All you might have to do is add some more solution at a later time. Once you are done and have washed the used towels, just throw them back in the solution for the next wash. They never need to be hung up to dry.

Back