• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Opinion on buying a new car.....

I'm having a tough decision on whether to purchase an Audi RS6 or a Porsche Cayman S??? Both are very nice automobiles....I'm just having a tough time making a decision on which would make me happier. I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks!:confused:

Hmm - ok. Your are comparing apples to oranges. You need to give us more info for us to help you.

eg - Is it going to be your DD, do you have wife/kids, what other cars do you known, are you planning on tracking it? How close are you to your Audi dealer:wink:, do you plan to mod it? etc etc.

NSXLuvr said:
Hmm - ok. Your are comparing apples to oranges. You need to give us more info for us to help you.

eg - Is it going to be your DD, do you have wife/kids, what other cars do you known, are you planning on tracking it? How close are you to your Audi dealer:wink:, do you plan to mod it? etc etc.
exactly.

i'm sure the audi is a great car but the cayman s, imo, is a stupendous sports car.

if you need back seats and four doors, and/or need a daily driver and live somehwere where it rains a lot then there's no point in comparing the two.

Well.....It's more along the lines of just having another car to enjoy. I have no kids. I've compared the specs on both cars, and they both put up good numbers. Having a 4 door is not an issue, for it works if I ever need to to give another person a lift. I'm just looking for over-all fun as a DD. So practical and performance is what I'm looking for. Of course the RS6 is about 6-7K more than the Cayman S. So...If any of you had the choice.....Which would you go with?

Hi there. As NSXLuvr and Da Hapa mentioned, these two cars are quite different. They appeal to different sorts of people. It's entirely possible you could end up with a near 50/50 split among the people you ask. This, of course, would not offer you any insight into which one is right for you. I think the best thing would be to...

1. Test drive both and get to know the features first hand.
  2. After the test drive, tell us what you like and dislike about each. If there are any specific aspects important to you (high-tech electronics, driving feeling, technology that went into the car, etc.), tell us that too.
  3. We will offer our insights. :)

How about sticking with Honda and getting an S2000? If that's not enough power for you, put a Comptech supercharger in it :biggrin:.

However, if you must choose between the Audi and Porsche, get the Porsche Cayman S.

I'll always choose Audi over Porsche & I am in this case.

In the end though - it comes down to the purpose of the car, because they are different beasts.

Back