• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Opinions on a Silver '92 with 13k miles

Tuscon Seller has this car on Autotrader.

Car is stock and nothing has been changed except oil and tires. Car is in snap-ring range and seller has been quoted from Basch Acura in Phoenix: $1200 for preventative snap-ring fix, $1100 for timing belt and water pump, and another $600 for CV boots and hoses. Seller says the car is an "A+" per the pricing guide.

Any thoughts on this one? Has anyone bought/sold a similar car recently and care to share the price? I'm thinking it's worth $35k given current market prices and the unlikely chance an 11 year-old car can still be an "A+".

Thanks for any thoughts,
jamie

JAKiii said:
Seller says the car is an "A+" per the pricing guide.
Nonsense.

This car is overdue by six years :eek: on its scheduled maintenance, and has a known problem with its CV boots. In terms of maintenance, it is at best a "C" and maybe even a "D", even though in terms of mileage it might be an "A" (but still not an A+).

You haven't mentioned the window regulators. I'm betting those have not been updated, either.

JAKiii said:
I'm thinking it's worth $35k given current market prices
I would say that this car might be worth $32-33K or so.

JAKiii said:
the unlikely chance an 11 year-old car can still be an "A+".
Sure it can. Here is a typical description of an A+ car: '92 NSX, 6K miles, never been rained on, never been smoked in, all scheduled maintenance performed on time, timing belt and water pump replaced in '98, snap ring fixed, window regulators updated, no known issues or problems, immaculate inside and out, inspections welcome.

Look at the differences between the description and the car in question here. An 11-year old car can indeed be an A+. But this one isn't.

yes, I think it's safe to say the window regulators still need replacing. But if all the maintenance is done and the car is current, does it regain its status as an "A" car, or are there reasons that lack of scheduled maintenance permanently devalue an NSX? What's the car worth once it's current? Assuming "A" paint and interior... (I haven't seen the car)

jamie

JAKiii said:
yes, I think it's safe to say the window regulators still need replacing. But if all the maintenance is done and the car is current, does it regain its status as an "A" car, or are there reasons that lack of scheduled maintenance permanently devalue an NSX?
It can regain its status as an "A" car. Keep in mind that that depends on the interior and exterior condition too.

JAKiii said:
What's the car worth once it's current? Assuming "A" paint and interior... (I haven't seen the car)
As noted in the pricing chart, an "A" '91 is worth $30-35K, and an "A+" is worth $35-40K. With this car's mileage, if the interior and exterior are flawless and everything is brought up to date and fixed (including the window regulators, CV boots, and snap ring fix, as well as the scheduled maintenance), I think it can easily be worth $37K, maybe even close to $40K.

Back