• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Opinions Please

I'm debating on what style of exhaust to go with. Right now I'm thinking about a center style exhaust with something similar to a Lamborghini Aventador or Premier Murcielago style center tip. I will be doing a diffusor setup similar to what is on this NSX, so the center style exhaust might turn out pretty well. Or should I just stick to a dual or quad tip exhaust?

5788444579_8eb13f715d_o.jpg

Aventador Exhaust Tip
Lamborghini Aventador 15.jpg

Premier Murcielago Exhaust Tip
1403762.jpg

Thanks for your input!

Last edited:
I am usually opposed to the look of center exit exhausts. I think that if you went with a quad tip that was flat on top and bottom it would look awesome tucked between the diffuser and the bumper.

I have this tip I did for a Sorcery GT center exit. I only had it on the car for a short time. I still have it somewhere...

DSCF2089sm.jpg

The center exhaust would look more modern, but it depends on what diffusor you are going put on. I prefer the diffusor enclosed with no opening like The pictures of lambo

^^^thats a madonna rear

Last edited:
I'm curious why you'd want your NSX to look like a Lamborghini?
What's wrong with an NSX looking like an NSX?

Little confused about your post JD. Not sure how I am attempting to make an NSX look like a Lamborghini by utilizing an exhaust tip? Anyways, there is a reason I chose to buy the Madonna Kit. That reason is that it is the only kit I have found to date that maintains the lines of the NSX overall. The diffusor I am planning will not have gaps like the one pictured, rather it will run the length of the entire opening of the rear bumper as shown in my original post. Center exit makes the most sense given my design plan; therefore, instead of having just two pipes sticking out the back, I thought it would be nice to package them up a little cleaner in a similar fashion as Lamborghini has.

Perhaps I am just confused, or read your post incorrectly?

Your design sounds very tasteful and I`m sure you`ll be pleased with it.

My comments are based on a personal view that perhaps our NSX`s sometimes are modified in contrast to what the original designers developed.
Firstly my NSX is stock and I cannot yet drive it to its design limits.
Many years ago I decided that unless a modification enhanced performance or value and helped me become a better driver then why spend on strictly cosmetics.
It's more a notion of respect to the original designers who spent thousands of man hours developing the NSX design in wind tunnels etc. only to have their work changed for cosmetic purposes only..
To me spending money learning how to drive the original design to it's limits is a better investment.

I've noticed over the years that a lot of NSX's have been cosmetically modified using cues from other manufacturers.
I've seen some NSX's using Lamborghini doors for example.

This is not meant as a criticism of those who wish to make cosmetic modifications.
In some cases, and you may be one, owners are good enough to have reached their NSX`s limits and want to improve braking, cornering, reduce drag, in a meaningful way.
That`s terrific and I wish I was good enough to know if I had a better suspension set-up I`d be a better driver.

I think the resale market is showing us that the stock or close to stock NSX`s are the ones that hold their value and I find the original NSX to be a beautiful design that can be celebrated just as it is.

Back