• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Orange County Alignment Recomendation

I installed Bilstein's on the lower purch and the car is therefore lower. I believe that my alignment is not out of sorts due to the lower stance.

anyone recomend a good place in OC that woudl be open on Saturday am to get it aligned? I don't suppose there is any place that offers a lifetime alignment for these :redface: . I have heard that some alignment shops will seel a lifetime alignment, but I suspect they exclude this type of car or are not a quality shop.

any thoughts? I'd love to get it aligned before the Karting event on saurday if possible.

Thanks,

Hi Rick-

I had mine done a while back (2 months) by.....(here's a glowing endorsement...) can't remember his name or the shop's name (my info is at home) but Shane over at Autowave sent me to him 1. because he's good (and he is) and 2. he's right down the street from Autowave (Gothard and Edinger-ish) in HB. He did a fine job on my car and we talked a bit about my expectations and driving style beforehand so he could set it up just right for me. It costs 100.00. Also, Darren over at West End alignment in Torrance is very well respected amongst Prime members and still does alignments using the rack set up because he can dial it in more specifically. I may be wrong, but I think Shane's guy uses one too. Anyhow, that's my story. Hope it all works out and I will see you at K1 on Saturday (all aligned-up hopefully).

Terry
(T-Med)

tws recommended wheel warehouse.

T-Med said:
Hi Rick-

I had mine done a while back (2 months) by.....1. because he's good (and he is) and 2. he's right down the street from Autowave (Gothard and Edinger-ish) in HB. He did a fine job on my car and we talked a bit about my expectations and driving style beforehand so he could set it up just right for me. It costs 100.00. Also, ....does alignments using the rack set up because he can dial it in more specifically. I may be wrong, but I think Shane's guy uses one too. (T-Med)

If you are talking about Dave's alignment on Gathard, you may want to keep an eye on your tire wear. I took my car there for an alignment with recommendation 5 years ago. He asked me how I intend to drive my car. I told them that it was for street use only and I want to maximize tire life.

3K miles later, my rears were almost gone. Now these are Dunlop SP9000s that should have good tire wear. When I replaced my tires, I took it to a place with the Hunter alignment machine and I was told that the excessive tire wear was due to the caster was way off. So from then on, I've been staying with computer alignment and my back Yokohama tires have been able to last up to 6K miles.

rherschberg said:
anyone recomend a good place in OC that woudl be open on Saturday am to get it aligned?

Hi Rick,

The reason why I didn't tell you my alignment shop is that I'm not sure if the guy is still there. It is "Best Value Tires" a little bit further down from Autowave, off Gothard. The hispanic guy (forgot his name) was very good. They used to have good tire guys there too, but the last time I took my Legend there, the new guys scratched up the wheels and I am never going back there for mounting and balancing tires, but if the alignment guy is there, I'd go back for alignment.

Good luck finding a good alignment shop.

I suggest you go to the best:

Glenn's alignment 949-631-2888
2135 Canyon Drive, Costa Mesa.

They do alignment by appointment as well, and they can set up for street or track.
I used them 2 weeks ago, and I was impressed with their service. It has been a family business for a long time and BEST OF ALL they are very familiar with the high performance cars. Ferrari repair shops use him as well. The cost is about $130.

Lastly they are very careful, no scratches, scrapes or anything else. The front of my NSX is only 4" from the ground!

Thanks guys! Got a great recomendation from a neigbor for Century tire in Huntington Beach. they gave me a lifetime alignment deal with no restrictions for $250. seems like they did a great job. The guy took a drive with me up front and talked to me a bit about what I've been feeling when I drive and about tire wear. Seems like it was good. they did use a computer and not by hand. anyway, I guess I'll see if the alignment is good as my tires wear down...

Thanks for the advice. I'd heard about the guy in costa mesa as well.. He is supposed to be great! This lifetime deal just seemed to be too good to pass up.

Back