• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Orlando Florida NSX Summer "Basch" June 28-30!!!

All of you Florida and Southeast NSX enthusiasts should be making plans to join us for the "Summer Basch" festivities during the end of June. The first phase of these festivities will commence with the arrival of Mark Basch next weekend and the installation of 8, count 'em 8, BBSCs during the week of June 24-28th! The lucky owners of all that new horsepower will be unleashing it's fury (safely and with courtesy and respect to all fellow motorists and law enforcement officials)upon the back roads of Central Florida during the 100+ mile "backroads tour" that will be taking place on Saturday June 29th. This tour is but one of many scheduled events for the last weekend of the month and all details and registration forms can be found at www.NSXFlorida.com.

Anyone from the Southeast region who's been curious to see the BBSC in action should plan on attending. I will be happy to provide "demo" rides in my '94 coupe w/6speed and 4.55r&p to anyone that's interested.

We have NSXCA members from all over Florida as well as Georgia planning to attend and we hope to have many of you join us as it's sure to be a great weekend. Regards,
Scott

I'm bringing my car down on Saturday and leaving it for the week. When are you coming up with your car. I would really like to have a ride in it so I can be somewhat prepared for mine when I get it back.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Originally posted by 92NSX:
I'm bringing my car down on Saturday and leaving it for the week. When are you coming up with your car. I would really like to have a ride in it so I can be somewhat prepared for mine when I get it back.

"92",
I'll be dropping my car off this Sunday afternoon. There will be several of us doing so that day. My car is slated to be done Monday and picked up Tuesday afternoon. I'm not exactly sure what time on Tuesday but I'll be at Fournier's Automotive by 3pm to pick her up when MB gives the green light. Hope to see you there as well as the following weekend's festivities. It will be great to have several newly SC'd cars on the Saturday morning back roads tour.

Mine should be getting done on Sunday so I hope to see you there! And yes I am looking forward to the following Sat. to shake the cobwebs out of the system. Hopefully I learn how to handle the new found power by then. I dont want to be tree wrapping!

I'll be there with my NA NSX...no BBSC for me yet. :-(

However, all BaschBoost installees will be receiving free dyno pulls (3 pulls) at Cybernation Motorsports until the end of July, which is cool...so hopefully some of you lucky BBSC guys will come down to Fort Lauderdale...

I'll be at Mission Inn on Friday afternoon, and hang out until Saturday evening...then I have to come back to FTL...work calls!

C'ya there! -Andie

I dont own an NSX but can i come see? If you guys dont mind does anyone mind giving me a ride in one around the block? Ive never been in an NSX that was running before. I wont even touch one at the Acura dealer for fear of finger prints on the shiney car! I live in Orlando too.

[This message has been edited by HybridHB (edited 20 June 2002).]

HybridHB,
Check out the site mentioned above - show up - see what happens. We are a great group of people of all ages and disiplines.
I would offer you the ride but my wife refuses to relinquish her seat to anyone!
Bob

Well I was planning on going down to O-town for the 4th of July weekend, but since I found out about this I'm going to go down on Friday evening of the 28th. Anyone else around Atlanta going down just for the weekend?

------------------
1994 Red/Black NSX #418
Forums Nazi Groupie

Originally posted by salontools:
HybridHB,
Check out the site mentioned above - show up - see what happens. We are a great group of people of all ages and disiplines.
I would offer you the ride but my wife refuses to relinquish her seat to anyone!
Bob

Hey thanks alot. If i can take a day off of work I will look into it!

Originally posted by TampaBayNSX-R:
....100+ mile "backroads tour" that will be taking place on Saturday June 29th.

Hi,
I've got a couple of questions for you, if you don't mind.
1. I plan on attending, and I will be driving from Birmingham, AL (approximately 10 hours). When I arrive, my NSX will probably be very dirty. Is there somewhere where I can wash it , or does everyone just go to the local car wash and pay $25 for a hand wash?
2. I've read many stories on this site about NSX caravans getting out of hand, ie. getting pulled over by the police. Out of curiousity, in these backroads trips, how fast does the group go? Is it difficult to stay together throughout the 100+ miles? The reason why I'm asking this is because I tend to be a VERY careful driver (Never even had a parking ticket, much less any greater violation!). I've always tried to limit my speeding by no more than 10 mph over the limit on the interstate ( Maybe I need a V1
smile.gif
).
Anyways, thanks in advance for answering my questions! The summer BASCH sounds like a lot of fun, hope to see you all there!
-Thomas

------------------
'94 Brooklands Green Pearl/Black NSX
5-Speed

whs520,
We usually have a designated area for our NSX's. This area usually includes an area for us to wash our cars. Use the wastepaper basket from your room for a bucket.Bring your own cleaning products. You can contact Wei Shen (Way-Shun) through nsxflorida.com. He is the pres. and organizer.
We travel with two way radios with Wei-Shen in the lead. He knows the "hot spots" for cops and he keeps the group together. We drive with enthusiam, not reckless abandon.
Bob
'94 Green / Tan

[This message has been edited by salontools (edited 20 June 2002).]

Bob,
That was very well said. As he mentioned, the emphasis is enjoying a sensible and reasonable pace and enjoying a little spirited driving when the surroundings allow. The Florida NSX Chapter has never been pulled over during an organized event, to my knowledge. Looking forward to seeing you all there. As for the Atlanta member, yes, Mark and Maria Hicks will be heading down that weekend but I'm not sure if they'll be able to make it for that Saturday morning drive and luncheon. Their latest plans had them arriving Saturday night.

PLEASE, all those planning to attend, go to the NSXFlorida.com website and print out the registration info. We are so fortunate to have the leadership of Wei-Shen Chin in organizing this event. The earlier you sign up, the easier his job is made! The absolute deadline to sign up is June 24th!!!

Andie,
Ben Beckert and I are planning to head over the Fort Lauderdale on Wednesday afternoon, the 26th and stay the night. We have an appt with the guys at Cybernation for Thursday the 27th to dyno tune his turbo setup and my new BBSC. SO, let's try to hook up while we're over there.

'HOMEDEPOTNSX"
That is awesome news about having some free dyno pulls on the cars post boost. Thank's for letting us know.
I am coming down on Sat. Unfortunately just long enough to drop off car and say 'hello' to the people that will be there. The spouse has to work that day so I can't stay very long. Sadly also I won't be able to attend the following weekend event. Prior engagement(work) won't allow for it.
Have fun though, I'll be thinking about ya'll. Be safe.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

i'll be their for the saturday fantasy of flight event and maybe the saturday night anybody in the Tampa area going for just saturday? that wants to ride over together?

bad carma
my email is down (gotta love hotmail) anyway call me at 727 420-4151 thats my cell
stuart

p.s. scott, don't know if you responded to my email but if not can you call me for sunday 23rd

p.s. scott, don't know if you responded to my email but if not can you call me for sunday 23rd[/B][/QUOTE]

Stuart,
Yes, I did send a reply...sorry you're having e-troubles. This Sunday, we will be driving up to Orlando to drop the cars off. As far as I can tell this will be a fairly mundane affair. On the other hand, the next weekend will be far from that! My girlfriend and I will be staying at the Mission Inn on Friday night and participating in the back roads tour and World of Wings luncheon. After that, we will need to head back to St. Pete. The drive should be alot of fun as Wei-Shen seems to know all the great twisties in central Florida like the back of his hand. Don't miss it!

I plan to come over for the Fanatsy of Flight event to finally meet some of you. I have a conflict that keeps me in Tampa on Friday night and Saturday night. Anyone know what time we should arrive at Fantasy of Flight?
Tom Bolen
'95

tom,
i'm going over early saturday if you want to leave with us (not been finalized yet) but we will drive to orlando to meet everyone at the mission inn and then drive around with everyone and end up at fanatsy of flight with everyone else i think it would'nt be to exciting just to meet at fantasy of flight without the drive..

scott,

although this sunday isn't going to like next weekend i was just looking to go over there and meet mark and see the shop in person so i figure it would make sence to go over with people who know where it is.. right?

Tampa NSXers,
I'm interested in meeting up with the group leaving from Tampa. Is everyone from the tampa area leaving on Saturday morning or are some people going on Friday evening?

------------------
94 Red/Black

stu,heat, you both have mail.my ac is out this week but will be handled by next weekend for the main event cant bring linz without it.but may rough it alone this sunday to meet mark and the other guys and help out if they let me.but am still on the fence for this sunday. private me back.as I stated you have mail

All those interested in joining the caravan from the Tampa Bay area to Orlando on Sunday June 23rd can contact me at 727.644.5780. We are planning to leave sometime around 1:00-2:00 Sunday afternoon. I will post an exact meeting place and time for us to group up before heading out for Orlando. I'm thinking the Westshore area will be central as some of us are coming from St. Pete, Clearwater and Tampa. Looking forward to a good turnout!
Scott

PS Ben Beckert is heading down from MO in his awesome twin turbo NSX and should be arriving at my place sometime this evening, Saturday. Weather permitting, we are planning to head out with another area NSXr to check out the street scene later on that night. Anyone interested in meeting up with us tonight can give me a call at 727.644.5780. Pray for clear skies!

Back