• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Orlando: Things to do for this weekend (April 1 & 2)

Business matters are requiring me to be in Olrando for a Monday (April 3) meeting, but I've got some extra time in town during the weekend. Is anything going on in Orlando during this up coming weekend that might be of some interest, particularly if it is car related, or specifically NSX related? :) If no special events are happening, are there any points of interest that I should make a point to visit?

Thanks to anyone that might have a suggestion.

Nothing car related that I know of. As for suggestions, I guess it depends on what you are looking to do. Go out, clubs bars, restaurants, theme parks. Cirque du soleil is pretty cool if you have never seen it. However as I said I guess it depends on what you like.

Fury,

I know there are a number of things to do. As Carl said, it depends on what you like to do. I saw your post and was waiting for you to say I like these kind of things, or I dont like those kind of things. So I could chime in.
But a nice place to go is, Universal City Walk. In the evenings they have a number of different clubs with different music, nice places to eat, and Islands of Adventure. I have heard Islands of Adventure is great, but I havent made the time to go myself. I dont know if you were looking for tourist type stuff to do, or local type stuff to do either.
Carl mentioned Cirque De Solie, or however you spell that, lol, which is awsome if you havent seen it before. Thats near Pleasure Island, in Disney area.
If you have the time, I would hit Daytona Beach its Spring Break time :biggrin: Wish I knew more of what you were hoping to do. No car stuff that I know of either.

Oster

Oster

... Or drive 90 miles to Tampa/St Petersburg and come see the Honda Grand Prix of St Pete. Its a Indycar race through the streets of St. Pete (not an oval).

The main event is on Sunday but there are plenty of other racing events going on today and tomorrow as well. Go to www.gpstpete.com for more info!

Thanks for the replies guys. It looks like preparation for my meeting on Monday is keeping me busy all weekend. I guess I'm not gonna be able to do anything outside of work. :frown:

If anything, I should be done by Monday afternoon, so would you recommend a good place to catch the NCAAs and get something good and relaxing to eat anywhere near downtown Orlando?

-Randy

Fury,

I know there is a good place almost across the street from Universal Studio's that I usually go watch games at. Orlando Ale House on Kirkman road, its about a 10 to 15 min ride from downtown. But about 1 mile off Interstate 4. Usually there is a LOT of other stuff to look at once you get there :biggrin: :wink: I sent you my number in a pm. If you still have it give me a call. Or I can resend it if you misplaced it.

Oster

Back