• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ouch 120mph in a 65!!!

I figured the topic has been deaded on since he wised up and will no long post incriminating evidence against himself.

110w190.jpg

HAHA thanks for the good work Synth19

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fVWPJe6JWd0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I heard a UAL pilot get caught doing 450 in a 250 going into ORD the other day. For those that don't know we have a 250 kt indicated airspeed limit below 10,000.

Chicago Departure: "United xxx say speed."

UAL xxxx: "Ah.... 250."

Chicago Departure: "American xxx say speed."

AA xxx: "250 kts."

Chicago Departure: "United xxx, ah.... your 250 is 200 kts faster than AA xxx's 250 in front of you and you are about to run him over. Let me know when you are ready to copy down a phone number."

BUSTED. :biggrin:

What is the penalty (if any) for that?

What is the penalty (if any) for that?

They will fill out an ASAP (Aviation Safety Action Program) report with their airline describing why and how, what they learned and how to prevent a repeat. When you rat yourself out and they don't know, there is no penalty, the program is used to promote learning and acquire stats for safety program. When the FAA already knows then more than likely you get a "Warning Notice of Administrative Action" in your file which is expunged after two years. A warning notice is the lowest level of FAA enforcement. However, the ASAP program participation prevents the FAA from taking enforcement action against your certificate and the company from punitive action.

So long story short - they will get a warning letter in their FAA file for 2 years.

Most of the time ATC just reminds us about the 250 kts by asking our speed ~ which means say 250 and slow the hell down, but in this case they must have caused a loss of separation between them and the AA flight in front of them. So it was the controller's butt or the pilots, so he gave them the 800-NOF-LY4U phone # to call. :)

Last edited:
They will fill out an ASAP (Aviation Safety Action Program) report with their airline describing why and how, what they learned and how to prevent a repeat. When you rat yourself out and they don't know, there is no penalty, the program is used to promote learning and acquire stats for safety program. When the FAA already knows then more than likely you get a "Warning Notice of Administrative Action" in your file which is expunged after two years. A warning notice is the lowest level of FAA enforcement. However, the ASAP program participation prevents the FAA from taking enforcement action against your certificate and the company from punitive action.

So long story short - they will get a warning letter in their FAA file for 2 years.

Most of the time ATC just reminds us about the 250 kts by asking our speed ~ which means say 250 and slow the hell down, but in this case they must have caused a loss of separation between them and the AA flight in front of them. So it was the controller's butt or the pilots, so he gave them the 800-NOF-LY4U phone # to call. :)

So the close rate on the AA flight gave him away eh haha. Thanks for the explanation, I appreciate it.

Hey, CL65 Captain...just a lowly commercial, non ATP pilot here, but wouldn't the United guy be talking to Chicago Approach, not departure? :smile: Also, he could also submit the NASA "get out of jail free" form as well, as long as ATC didn't report the incident. (It's saved my ass a couple of times.)

Really? You're trash talking? I know there are two sides to every story and I can see how you might have gotten the return shipment after a long delay and THEN seen that the street number was wrong and now you feel unjustly accused of being a rip-off artist. But was that console REALLY clean? I was ready to stick up for you and tell Steve I thought his post was a little harsh. But then you attack his work. And that crack about "your wife is calling"...what was THAT all about? Over the line!

Maybe the white hid kit isn't purple enough for the two people you know. I love the kit myself. But then I was never a big fan of the blue/purple headlight craze.

My apologies for taking up the time of other primers with this stuff. It's a slow day at work.

Well after hearing a mouth full from steve over and over again it gets old.... What happened was 5 years ago or so and was for like $35 I sent him a console from i don't even remember what year car but he didnt like it sent it back to the wrong address then called me a liar rip off con artist when i didn't even have my item back yet i'm the bad guy.... it's like get over it i don't like you you don't like me i could careless....

If anyone is going to destroy the reputation of NSX owners as being "a bunch of great guys", my money is on the guy who's (a) stupid enough to drive drunk, (b) stupid enough to go 120 mph, (c) stupid enough to do both in front of a cop, (d) stupid enough to do both after getting caught in the past for doing the same stupid thing, (e) stupid enough to leave the open bottles in the car while doing this, and (f) stupid enough to post about it in this forum.

yawn.... how about you go get another nsx and post another 20k feedbacks so everyone else can listen to your bamble.... geez...

I wonder if this thread will go epic viral too. It's got all the makings:

1) Initial post which sounds innocent enough, but with suspicious under-pinnings.
2) Defensive OP has back and forth with other posters.
3) Some people give the benefit of doubt and defend, some people lay on with the beating.
4) Bombshell is dropped of something that is revealed.
5) Everybody jumps on the bashing bandwagon.
6) Wise is cracked.
7) Mugshot is posted.
8) OP still posts defiantly, insults people, and only digs deeper hole.
9) More beating and more jokes.
10) OP realizes mistake and edits first post.
11) Thread goes viral and other forums start posting in.
12) Somebody posts the “Legendary Thread” picture.

Seriously that’s the formula. I think we are somewhere around stage 10.

This is a good algorithm. How about:
10a) Feigning an air of nonchalance.

Last edited:
Hey, CL65 Captain...just a lowly commercial, non ATP pilot here, but wouldn't the United guy be talking to Chicago Approach, not departure? :smile: Also, he could also submit the NASA "get out of jail free" form as well, as long as ATC didn't report the incident. (It's saved my ass a couple of times.)

ya, would be approach (tired). :smile: NASA works too, but if I remember correctly you get one save every couple of years and our ASAPs are unlimited. The only exception to the ASAP is if you willfully disregarded or recklessness. The ASAP is really a great program. Helps the FAA and the company track problem areas and also the pilots as we get monthly summaries. Learn from other's mistakes.

Now back to the bashing....

cops-hiding-sign.jpg

khabibulin_dui.jpg

Well at least he wasn't drinking, driving 120 mph AND texting. :)

Last edited:
yawn.... how about you go get another nsx and post another 20k feedbacks so everyone else can listen to your bamble.... geez...

smoore,
You always amaze me that you just like to come out to remind everyone what idiotic sociopath you are. Even when you post to the forum asking for help, you had to just lie about the details. Right, you had 2 drinks, the bottle belonged to your friend, refusal of the breather was, well blah, blah, blah.
I am sure the judge will buy your story with open arms.
Yawn, it is getting old and WE got the point. Have fun with your Razor Scooter. Be careful pedaling it home after a good night of drinking.
Steve

If anyone is going to destroy the reputation of NSX owners as being "a bunch of great guys", my money is on the guy who's (a) stupid enough to drive drunk, (b) stupid enough to go 120 mph, (c) stupid enough to do both in front of a cop, (d) stupid enough to do both after getting caught in the past for doing the same stupid thing, (e) stupid enough to leave the open bottles in the car while doing this, and (f) stupid enough to post about it in this forum.
Oh no, I've been insulted by a repeat offender drunk speeder! I feel so hurt! :biggrin:

hahahaha this is getting better... and better...

This begs the question... when does one graduate from Douche Canoe to Douche Bag? or is it the other way around? Surely there is some graduation ceremony?

Back