• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ouch! My poor NSX.

Lol! I know. About friggin' time huh?

Glad to be joining the ranks. We're the few. The proud. The obese. :tongue:

Staying tuned....gonna look sick! BTW, wanna sell me your stock front fenders?

You're gonna have a fat ass after! :tongue:

Widebodies are the ish in black.

Without giving it away, it will be a "special" kind of black too. :wink:

Sparkly Black? :biggrin: Just kidding, let us know when it's finished!

For those of you who haven't been following my forever long process of getting my widebody kit, here's what's still in store over the next few weeks.

The starting basis:

IMG_0045.JPG

The Parts

Front Bumper: Nico's (NSX-GT) Lemans Style Bumper. Only 3 I know of in existence. Nico's, one on STMPO's NSX and mine. Only two are here in the US. This was very hard to get. The cost of shipping it in from Austrailia was as much as the part itself!

NSXGT_1280x1024_15.jpg

Front Wide Fender: Sorcery Version 2 front fenders. This is the same kind as on the Alpine car and Hishi's flat black NSX. Unlike the Version 1, this fenders fold back into the body flush with the edge of the door. It was supposedly designed so it could have vertical doors but I just happened to like the look better. This was also pretty hard to get a hold of and I had to import them from Japan.

n690446223_2598451_5092.jpg

Side Skirts: Downforce TCRC side skirts, bought from Science of Speed. Actually the easiest (yet last) thing to get. As always, great service from Downforce and Science of Speed.

d_396.jpg

Rear Wide Fenders: Taitec wide rear fenders. This was actually probably my least favored option. I prefered to go with the Sorcery, but they would only mate up with the Sorcery side skirts which I did not care for. In the end, it came down to the Taitec's or the Cantrell's. I chose the Taitec's because I felt they matched the lines of the rest of the widebody.

PIC0021821.jpg

Rear Spats and Diffuser: Nico's spats and bLodisign's diffuser.

NSXGT_1280x1024_5.jpg

school6.jpg

I'll be keeping the VIS Type-R carbon Fiber Hood as well as the Downforce Type-R carbon fiber rear spoiler. The goal was to make a clean looking widebody that was aggressive enough to distinguish itself from as a widebody, but without looking too over the top. Another goal was to figure out a way to keep the flip up head lights. I wanted it to be a throwback, homage of sorts since it would be one of the last remaining parts not altered. It turned out to make my seach process that much harder, but I'm happy with the results. I also wanted a one of a kind widebody that hasn't been done before. I hope by taking parts from various kits, I was able to get a look that hasn't been done before.

I'll try to keep you guys posted and take pictures along the way so you can see the transformation process.

Now you know how it is when I ship staff from US to Australia.:biggrin: Good luck with the project.

n690446223_2598451_5092.jpg

Can I have your hood emblem? I think she looks lonely haha

Interesting place to put an intake air filter... I would be scared of too much dirt getting kicked up from the tires... (rain, dirt, mud etc) why not route it like you do on the other side over the wheel well and make a reverse CAI on the passenger side air intake? hehe just an idea. Ride is gonna look good! keep it up!

I have a big poster of the red NSX with the front bumper and all.I didnt know it was so rare.Great design,someone needs to make more!

Subbin' for updates! I can't wait to see this. Its very cool that your taking individual parts from different companies and putting them all together to make a truly unique body design.

Props to you!

can't wait to see everything come together. its really "brave" and exciting when you PIECE together your widebody. cause there's no real way of knowing... but i think the components you picked out are great!

Thanks for all the compliments guys! I'm about as nervous as I am excited. Sorry I was going to take some picture today (Fri) but ran out of time. I'll swing by the shop on Monday for some updates! :smile:

OMG!
After 2 years its finally happening!
Good luck with the build. Glad its finally happening
Look forward to the final result!

OMG!
After 2 years its finally happening!
Good luck with the build. Glad its finally happening
Look forward to the final result!

I know!!! Can you believe it?!?! Finally!!! Without you none of this would have been possible so I really hope I can live up to the original! :smile:

"Fat bottomed girls, You make the rockin' world go round" :biggrin: Looking good Brian. Really like your choices.. should be the best looking (and fastest) street widebody NSX around.

Regards,

Danny

Back