• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Our schools teaching our kids - it's better to lie, honesty doesn't pay

I respect your beliefs but the theory of evolution is not based facts but conjecture. The monkey skull which was planted by british scientist was a hoax a sham a fable he admitted this many years back yet we still like to think of ourselfs as self sufficient because we are the ability to reason, yet we still can't explain why we have feelings and guilt. I don't consider myself any religion persay, but I have read in the islamic faith that all life form comes from water. So according to this there is no refutation in life versus creation. Even Adam was considered to have been created from "sounding clay" two properties which is water and dirt.

We could take this arguement even further "who was the originator of creation"?

Throughout history there have been many false claims of an archeological nature - I'm sure if we added up all the "true" pieces of the cross we could build a log cabin, monkey/human skull hybrids, there have been two known "sensational fakes".

It doesn't cause me to doubt that Jesus was a real person, just as I believe Mohammed and Moses were too! As an Atheist, I just question their divinity.

I believe you'll find that the different pre-cursers to Homo Sapiens are in fact proven science, but the issue of "feelings and guilt" - (I think guilt is a feeling) - we are organic computers, we analyze, assess and conclude, regardless of if God made (Judeo-Christian-Muslim beliefs) us or if we were enslaved and placed here by an alien race (Scientology) or are constantly reincarnated (Buddhism)

I like Sartre's observation that IF god existed his last act of creation would have to have been disappearing or there could be no free will.

Ultimately, what I would prefer to be taught in schools are things that are objectively observed, like evolution, vs things that are subjective, like creation. Every religion and even sub-sets of each religion has its own creation myth, you can't teach them all - so stay away from any!!!!

HMM ,your understanding is seriously flawed.

Facts please?

What DO public school teachers in your state get paid?:confused:

When I was in 6th grade... (about..can't remember, 17 years ago) I brought whole tomatos, cucumbers, meat and sandwitch + a butter knive to cut it..
I didn't know any better. I love making my own sandwitches and don't like to have it sit for 6 hours oozing with tomato juice.. :rolleyes:

Anyway, some stupid girl decided to taddle tale to the teacher, who calls the principal who asks me to come to the office. I explained what I was doing and he was real nice and serious but said never to do it again.

How times have changed... public schools are just so poor institutions these days.
Such knives are against policy where I work :rolleyes: - not even the "security guards" are allowed to have them. With the way things are, I'm a bit surprised those participating in the occasional pot-luck haven't faced disciplinary action. For contrast, 15 years ago there was a company-owned shooting range.

The pendulum has to start swinging back toward sanity at some point, right?

Back