• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ownership is stressfull.

I'll tell you, the easiest want to get over the stress is to get into an accident. I bought an absolutely PERFECT nsx with 35K miles. 6 months into it, I get into an accident and had to replace some panels. Now, 50K miles later, car is still my daily driver, I have rock chips galore on the front and guess what, I've LOVED every worry free mile i've put on. I dont worry about dings and scratches, i dont park the car miles away from every other car, I take the car to Walmart, McDonalds, I've parked it overnight many times in East Palo Alto (should mean something to bay area folks)... no problem. The car has 1 or 2 paint chips from door dings, the car has lots of paint chips on the front, but hey, its worth it to have the enjoyment of driving the NSX around every day.

In a lot of ways, I'm almost thankful for the accident, it's helped me enjoy my car far more than I would have otherwise.

I had a similar experience as byang. I had my 94 NSX for three weeks when my elderly neighbor put a dent in the left rear fender just aft of the rear wheel curve with her big old Chevy. We had adjacent carports. She had hit my Porsche 944T 18 months before in the same spot. So much for live and learn!

A dent wizzard guy at a DE event had his tools with him and did a fantastic job of removing the dent as he had done on the Porsche. Since learning that even rather big dents can be removed from the aluminum fenders by a skilled technician, I have been less concerned about getting dings. "skilled" being the operative word here.

Hugh said:
I've had my current '93 NSX just over two years and have added 85,000 miles to her existing 70,000. I drive it every day, park it at the supermarket, Wal-Mart, movie theatre, etc....

I'm careful where I park, usually away from other cars and if the parking lot isn't very full I park diagonally taking up 2 spots. If you're worried about door dings to the point that you need a prescription for Xanax then I think you're taking it a bit too far. Why not fabricate a protective barrier out of those long spaghetti like pool floats and rig something with some string that will clip over the top of your window? Sure it will look moronic but you won't have any dings. When I lived in NYC I did just that when my car was parked in it's indoor garage.

Don't let minor things keep you from enjoying your NSX.

I was thinking more along the lines of bubble wrap..the kind with the big bubbles.

docmental said:
That is so funny, you just don't learn, do you?:wink:

Dovcmental.

You have no idea how true that statement is. I still own the 1st the car I ever bought; a 1956 t-bird; it is the true garage queen. :eek: :biggrin: :rolleyes:

Bob

Back