• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ownership is stressfull.

I'm a new owner, and I had plans to daily drive my NSX during summer months, but I have come to the realization that owning this car is the most stressfull thing that I've ever experienced.

Every time I wash it I find a new rock chip or paint scuff and driving it down the road I'm constantly worried about everything. I'm always smelling the engine bay for any signs of burning oil, I've washed it 4 times in the two weeks that I've had it.

I guess if this is the biggest problem in my life I'm doing good, but I'm seriously going to have a nervous breakdown, :smile: .

I know how you feel. While I don't really care about a rock chip here and there, I still get stressed out when I leave it in a parking lot somewhere.

i'm the same way. i am very paranoid when it's parked in a parking lot. thinking about who could be near my car and what they could be doing to it :frown: and the fact that it's 15 years old and has not even one dent in it makes me even more paranoid..... i would feel bad if i dented the thing up after it's made it so far in such good condition.

i hope i get over it though..... it'd be nice to relax and enjoy the thing. now i kinda wanna buy a beater nsx.... fix it up nice, but if something happens..... oh well.

Synthesis said:
i hope i get over it though..... it'd be nice to relax and enjoy the thing. .

I have had a NSX for 3 years and have yet to relax. I think I need therapy!

Synthesis said:
i'm the same way. i am very paranoid when it's parked in a parking lot. thinking about who could be near my car and what they could be doing to it :frown: and the fact that it's 15 years old and has not even one dent in it makes me even more paranoid..... i would feel bad if i dented the thing up after it's made it so far in such good condition.

i hope i get over it though..... it'd be nice to relax and enjoy the thing. now i kinda wanna buy a beater nsx.... fix it up nice, but if something happens..... oh well.

I have tried your idea of buying a 2nd NSX that needed some work; it has been nick named dirty black by a fellow NSX owner.:wink: I thought that it would be the car I could use and not worry. As it nears completion I have become invested in car's well being.:confused: Its appears I now have 2 cars to worry about instead of the 1.:frown: Best laid plans some times don't work out as imagined.:redface:

Bob

lol. I daily drove a Type-R for 6 years which is the most stolen car there is. I think I've become immune to worrying about my car now.

The way I see it, I pay my insurance co a lot of money to worry about my NSX for me.
As badass as this thing is, its replaceable.

nsx#75 said:
I agreed, it is so stressfull driving around town especially during rush hours. Parking is a bum! I refuse to take NSX out where I have to get out more than 2 minutes.

Same thing with me!!!!

If its art, then hang it on the wall. If its a car, then drive it. The problem is the NSX is both. Since I am driving it daily, I have to remember it is a car first and hope that no one spoils the art.....Steve

Bob Kenney said:
I have tried your idea of buying a 2nd NSX that needed some work; it has been nick named dirty black by a fellow NSX owner.:wink: I thought that it would be the car I could use and not worry. As it nears completion I have become invested in car's well being.:confused: Its appears I now have 2 cars to worry about instead of the 1.:frown: Best laid plans some times don't work out as imagined.:redface:

Bob

That is so funny, you just don't learn, do you?:wink:

It's just a car:

I now have:
H1
NSX
Jeep
another Jeep (sand Race)
FD RX-7 (fun car 2700lb w/602rwhp)
Hooters racing GSXR 1000 w/all the mods you can have.

Just have it insured and yes I'm single NO BALL and Chain to pay for:biggrin:
Just toys and girls

Have fun you only go around once.

The stress will go away after a few week. The first day I got the car that night I can't remember how many times a went down to the garage making sure the car is still there. Bear in mind my place is close to Malaysia border.

you wanna know whats stressful? buying an NSX and not having a garage to put it in. i have to put my NSX in storage everytime i dont use it. my neighborhood is pretty ghetto. i dont have the pleasure of going outside to admire my car at night like most of you guys do.:frown: but everytime i see it, its like: WOW!

another stressful thing is fighting the mod bug, and trying to be unique compared to your local NSX owners cars.:tongue:

but i guess i got PRIME to balance it all out. i guess sometimes too much of a good thing can be bad.

It is very stressfull when I am driving in heavy traffic, especially in Southern Cal. People following too close or not paying attentions when trying to switch lanes. I have witnessed 2 rear end accidents in past week and 360degree SUV spin around trying to show off turrning left in the rain, the driver didn't let off gas when the rear tires started to spin, and almost hit me.

I love it when the traffic is light, this car is just so fun and easy to drive, such a pleasure.

jond said:
lol. I daily drove a Type-R for 6 years which is the most stolen car there is. I think I've become immune to worrying about my car now.

The way I see it, I pay my insurance co a lot of money to worry about my NSX for me.
As badass as this thing is, its replaceable.

The insurance thing/ money thing is less of the issue for me. Lets face it, if someone opens their door into your car and leaves a dime sized ding, are you going to call your insurance company? First of all, it's probably less than the deductable so you're screwed there and second, are you going to go through the process for a dime sized ding of repair work for your car? The crap thing about that is that the ding is now there and it wansnt before and now you get to enjoy it everytime you look over your car. Thats what would piss me off about it.

chumch said:
The insurance thing/ money thing is less of the issue for me. Lets face it, if someone opens their door into your car and leaves a dime sized ding, are you going to call your insurance company? First of all, it's probably less than the deductable so you're screwed there and second, are you going to go through the process for a dime sized ding of repair work for your car? The crap thing about that is that the ding is now there and it wansnt before and now you get to enjoy it everytime you look over your car. Thats what would piss me off about it.

... exactly why i'm paranoid hehe. some people have no regard for other people's property. punkasses. i get pissed anytime i see a new dent in my civic; i'd prob cry and buy a gun if i saw a dent in the nsx. car's gonna give me high blood pressure :frown: this is why i needa win the lottery.

sooo.... what do you guys that drive yours all the time do to stay away from dents? and how effective is it?

Sinisfun said:
I'm a new owner, and I had plans to daily drive my NSX during summer months, but I have come to the realization that owning this car is the most stressfull thing that I've ever experienced.

Every time I wash it I find a new rock chip or paint scuff and driving it down the road I'm constantly worried about everything. I'm always smelling the engine bay for any signs of burning oil, I've washed it 4 times in the two weeks that I've had it.

I guess if this is the biggest problem in my life I'm doing good, but I'm seriously going to have a nervous breakdown, :smile: .

Get a clear bra for the car and take a deep breath....you should have fun driving the car, not worry all the time. :smile:

Sinisfun said:

Just think about how much it will matter in 50-75 years. Enjoy being alive.

ugh, that sucks. is your car lowered? i can't imagine having it any lower than stock. i haven't scraped it yet, but there have been plenty times i have winced cause i thought it was gonna scrape hehe.

Back