• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy P2F ABS Delete w/ Provision for Tilton P-Valve(All years)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the other kit is for folks with oem brakes only. It works well w/o the P-valve and for folks don;t want to fuss with the balance.

This kit works for AM BBK or the oem brake as it allows you to adj. the brake balance frt/rear. You need to know what you are doing and how the brake balance work.
Tilton P-valve is not included as you can get that anywhere and we don;t get a price break.

I'm still first on the list :) I'll have to sell the other one. I got my VRH now so I plan to delete the ABS and mount the tank in its place. Let us know when production is happening... All we need to do is buy the P valve and that's it?

No. Was in a rush and words did not come out right.

You sounded pretty convinced on a couple of posts on different days that it was the front. Whatever... I'm just glad you realized your mistake before someone or an NSX got hurt. You should edit and correct your posts above.

Dave

Let us know when production is happening... All we need to do is buy the P valve and that's it?
Most definitely. It will be soon after we finalize the pricing with the vendor. Yes, the Tilton P-valve is the one to get like the picture. Make sure its new & metric.

We have reached an agreement with the vendor and finalized the price at $520 + CA tax + shipping($15) for a min. order of 5 or more. The est. shipping is 3-4 weeks.
after we receive all the payments. You can do Paypal at ([email protected]) or bank to bank check to avoid the 3% Paypal fee.

Will post better pictures and install tips on our website soon.

Last edited:
Production Has Started

Gents,
We are glad this product is finally tested and ready for production. We use THE BEST flex lines on the market for this product, 5-layer with Kevlar reinforcement instead of the common 2-layer SS lines. With an outer layer for easy cleaning. If you are upgrading your brake lines, take a look of ours as they are better than the 2-layer lines on the market.

Here are some install pix of the ABS Delete w/ P-valve provision. We have starting making the 1st 5 sets for those who signed up and we are ready to take payments. Expecting 2-3 weeks before shipping. You will be asked to agree and understand this is for off-road use only per our policy.

The only difference is the longest line will be shortened by 2" to reduce the slack. The existing ABS connectors are combined and tucked away. The ABS connector mounting bracket is removed. Install instruction and tips will be posted on our website.

Last edited:
Payment sent. Thanks again!

Does this sounds like the correct part number for the Tilton valve?:
90-1003

Thx Jack.
Correct. Tilton P-valve 90-1003 is the lever style and we like it better than the screw style.

On another note:
Not sure where to post this so I thought I'd high-jack this thread to explain/clarify a few PM of this product and beyond.

..."Why is this part so much more than the 1st ABS Delete?"
This part took considerable more effort to produce than the 1st ABS Delete due to the small form factor of the mounting bracket, hard-to-find special fittings, routing limitation of the lines and it took a few protos to make it the best it can be for easy bolt on. Ramon installed it in less than 30min but he is quicker than most. he did not take the time to "tweak" the lines to make it "symmetrical" but many fittings have swivel ends so you can take your time to get the angle right to make it prettier.

...."Any tuning needed for this ABS Delete set up?
1st of all, Please read the Tilton installation pdf in Post #9 to have a more in-depth understanding of how this valve work. We have 93' oem brakes right now and we set the valve straight up to start and had to make one click CW to get a better balance. Yes, you can feel the difference so be careful. The fact that you can change the brake balance setting easily according to the road condition, tires used, grip level, braking style is pretty cool. Caution! This part is for Off-Road Use only. To be safe! Please do the adjustment one click at a time and test the brake at a safe, open space away from traffic and people.

....." Why are your price keep going up in a matter of months?"
Long ans: we have been on Prime since 2001, but since the demise of a long time vendor known for "budget price" parts early last year, we are coming out the closet to establish ourselves of making better, meaningful parts and to establish who we are and why we are making new parts in such a small market.

While it is "crazy/st****" to make new parts for a 25yr+ car in small qty with a shrinking market and zero economy-of-scale advantage; we are motivated to make meaning more so than to make money. Prime is a very small, close-knit community and we are family here. what we make is quite niche for the few early adopters who believed in us and benefited our "below market/intro friendly" pricing but slowly we must raise our price to stay alive.

ie. the 1st ABS Delete kit had an intro price at $260. After the few early adopters had positive results and the mounting bracket is now CNC'ed not fab-ed, thus the price increase. Now the early majority can be sure it is a legit product. This is the same logic for the Bladed ARB 2.0, the pre-preg bumpers, and our future products. There are a few details of our product we wish we can address like the a different spacer hole size for this kit or the black oxide bolts we used for the ARB 2.0 but the cost increase prohibits us from doing so. This does not take away the quality of our product in any way.

As such, it is quite challenging if not possible to turn a 25yr old car into a high tech machine but thanks to the great alum chassis and suspension, we can make this car quicker thru better physics that you can feel the difference all the time on the road or track without sacrifice reliability.

Thx for taking the time to checking us out.

To all,

We have been road testing this product for almost a month and it works as intended. You are now in total control of the brake balance front-rear and you can feel the balance change from every click of the Tilton P-valve. You should be cognizant when you use this product of the road conditions(hot/cold/slippery), your tire temp(warm/cold), tire threadwear rating(100/200/300+), what BBK(frt only/frt & rear), brake pads COF you use, etc. these are major factors that will change/affect brake balance. This means, do not slam on the brake when its cold and the road is damp first thing in the morning. This part is very analog and your brain becomes the computer in replacement of the OEM ABS Module.

The first batch will be finishing today. We double cked the clocking of all the connections yesterday before final crimping and pressure testing.
Please send in your payment if you have not done so. We will be shipping by this weekend upon receiving your payment.
You must agree to our Terms and Conditions as this is an Off Road Use Only part.

This could be my 2nd favorite Abs delete.

My favorite being Negra Modelo and cheese puffs, which made me lose my abs years ago.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I just got my tilton prop valve!

[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Question about the installation.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Ans: This part is designed to fit only one way. All the lines are specifically clocked with correct orientation. You can safely bend the lines to fit as it will not kink due to the kevlar protected layer. Its a straight forward install. The P-valve end is a tight fit but will clear. More pix and tips will be posted on our website. [/FONT]

Tim, is the P-valve in your pics {yellow handle} what you require with your kit? If so do you have that part number off yours? Thanks.

To all,
So far in two years in business, we have sold 30 of this proven kit and ready to start another batch. you can sign up now and don't need to pay until we are near completion in about 4 weeks.
From all the feedback we received, everyone likes the Tilton P-valve because the pedal feel is more direct, the brake balance F/R is now adjustable according to road condition, tire types, personal preference, different brake pads, different BBKs.

We are not saying the NA2 '02 ABS does not work well but its not adjustable, designed in the '90s, a difficult DIY, $3k+installation, you can't change the algorithm,

Every high end brake pedal box on the market(Tilton, Alcon, etc) consists of a brake balance bar 1st and foremost and that is more important than a ABS that only control individual wheel like we have.

At $520 + $95 Tilton P-Valve or $360 w/o the P-valve, its a bargain that works for you all the time not just during . For more reference,
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ete-Kit-Update/page2?highlight=P2F+ABS+delete

Should you decide to do this, you may want to replace the brake lines as well. We have the best lines on the market unlike the common 2-layer type. More info here:

http://pole2flagracing.com/dot-approved-ss-lines.html

Last edited:
To all,
So far in two years in business, we have sold 30 of this proven kit and ready to start another batch. you can sign up now and don't need to pay until we are near completion in about 4 weeks.
From all the feedback we received, everyone likes the Tilton P-valve because the pedal feel is more direct, the brake balance F/R is now adjustable according to road condition, tire types, personal preference, different brake pads, different BBKs.

We are not saying the NA2 '02 ABS does not work well but its not adjustable, designed in the '90s, a difficult DIY, $3k+installation, you can't change the algorithm,

Every high end brake pedal box on the market(Tilton, Alcon, etc) consists of a brake balance bar 1st and foremost and that is more important than a ABS that only control individual wheel like we have.

At $520 + $95 Tilton P-Valve or $360 w/o the P-valve, its a bargain that works for you all the time not just during . For more reference,
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showth...P2F+ABS+delete

Should you decide to do this, you may want to replace the brake lines as well. We have the best lines on the market unlike the common 2-layer type. More info here:

http://pole2flagracing.com/dot-approved-ss-lines.html

1.Re<<1(P-valve)
2. Sduff (P-valve)

Last edited:
You can put me down for a kit with Tilton P-Valve! Are you supplying the valve now?

You can put me down for a kit with Tilton P-Valve! Are you supplying the valve now?

No, we don't stock the P-valve. the best source is SummitRacing.com as they buy in bulk. Make sure you get the metric size.(Tilton P-valve 90-1003)

P-valve style will be ready to ship in 2 weeks. We have one oem style left ready to ship.

Last edited:
All shipped with USPS Tracking#. Thx Gents.

We have 1 extra of the P-valve configuration ready to ship.

The installation PDF instruction is on our website under the Install Shops/Tips tab. PC friendly only.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back