• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Paint or not paint CF hood

paint the CF hood or not paint

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you want to be different ..do not paint it .... If you want it to look like it came from the factory... paint it.. I vote... not to paint it ... you can come back to painting it .... Nice & fun interactive question

I have never tried to bring it to the shop. They will probably unscrew the fenders and hinges to make it fit, and tamper it

That's what the human beings did when they assembled it at the factory too. :wink:

Paint the top and leave the underside especially if you are getting a Procar.

Last edited:
i have the same year car and color. paint it to match the car. it looks funny, unless you have the trunk and nsx-r spoiler to match.

Same here. JMHO, but you asked for it. ;) For Silverstone, paint it. I have a VIS hood painted Silverstone and get tons of compliments on it. I bought mine for cooling and downforce, but heck, I'll take the compliments too. ;)

Paint over every exposed molecule of the carbon fiber. My VIS hood is painted Formula Red top, bottom and sides. There's nothing uglier than exposed carbon fiber. I can't even make a metaphor because I simply can't think of anything uglier. Think of the uglist thing you've ever seen in your life and multiply it by 100. That's how ugly carbon fiber is.

Paint over every exposed molecule of the carbon fiber. My VIS hood is painted Formula Red top, bottom and sides. There's nothing uglier than exposed carbon fiber. I can't even make a metaphor because I simply can't think of anything uglier. Think of the uglist thing you've ever seen in your life and multiply it by 100. That's how ugly carbon fiber is.

Good metaphor! CF is nice to have at a certain place where it belongs, but the hood might be out of the place to put it there. I will do that.

Many thanks ,guys

How much lighter is the Carbon Fiber Hood compared to the stock on if at all? I want one for weight savings, but if there is no weight savings I'd just skip it.

Also, for Silver I would paint it myself. Unless you had other carbon fiber parts and left only the vent exposed.

Uglier than even dog-ugly?

Please post the picture of the car when it is done. I would like to see the entire car. Thank you for posting.

Not fully mounted, just set in place for quick pics with a smidge of touching up left to go:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I think I saw your car at DA a few weeks back when I went to pick up my car. I remember staring at your car because I was having a conversation with Shad about ordering a DF hood for my own car :) The hood spacing was less than ideal and looked slightly raised but I think a body shop probably could have tweaked it enough to be acceptable. that said, let's hope the new hood is better!

as for painting, I say paint it OEM. My car is black and I'd still paint the hood to match OEM. I like the look of exposed CS on body panels, but only on things like roofs, spoilers, diffusers, splitters, etc. I really dislike the look of CF hoods. My $0.02.

Back