• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Painted engine parts

I painted my injector covers and coolant tank last weekend. The results were excellent
(if I do say so myself). I used bumper paint for these plastic parts. Just make sure to degrease thouroghly and scuff the parts with
250-400 grit sandpaper. I matched the coolant tank to the exterior color and painted the injector covers silver.

Congrats! Sounds like a good project... Any pics? Please share
smile.gif

I'll post some once I finish my other projects. I think I'll cut out my engine cover and install a mesh center ala the FAQ
next.

Originally posted by JimK:
I'll post some once I finish my other projects. I think I'll cut out my engine cover and install a mesh center ala the FAQ
next.
Hey Jim,

PLEASE !!! post the pics now !!!!

I am looking to paint my coolant bottle too in the next month and I am wondering how it will look !

If you post the pics of your coolant bottle I will post a picture of my mesh engine cover !
wink.gif

Regards,

David G.

Yea post a few pics.Ive had my valve covers powdercoated yellow to match the car and also painted my strut brace.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T
93 Supra TT BPU++

Back