• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Palomar Mtn. run

Great weather is here to stay for awhile. Who is up for another great run?

Palomar Run
When: Saturday, June 28th: meet @ 8:30 for a rollout time of 9am
Where: - for SD: meet between Mobil 1 and CVS
-for LA/OC/Temecula: TBD
route to be distributed day of

Going:
1. Luis (Sun Diego CL-S; 2G CL) 619-549-4645
2. Albert (slickav; E36 M3)
3. Sunny (95 XJR)
4. Tim (500hp something)
5. Black Racer X (91 NSX)
6. PLZ (NA2 NSX)
7. Fred (FF Drifter; Legend)
8. David (xDeLiRiOuSx; S2000)

Maybe:
1. FuryNSX (NA1 NSX)
2. Tee (nsx-tee)
3. Nick (9doors; NA2 NSX)
4. Steve (Semnos_NSX; NA2 NSX)
5. 9doors' S2000 friend

Last edited:
I wasn't sure what a Palomar mountain run so I did a quick search and found this ( http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97493&highlight=Palomar ) Wow!!! A chance to run with the NSX'es but not exclusive to NSX! I'm down. I'll be coming from Glendale. This weekend sounds good, Satuday (6/7/2008) or Sunday Morning (6/8/2008)? I won't make it next weekend.

--David

Here's a post by Prospeed that has maps of the Palomar Roads! Sounds so fun, I can't wait. Please see if you can have it this weekend =)

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100506&highlight=Palomar

I want to hear the NSX'es in front of me, in back of me, all around me. While I drive thru the twisties with my top down on my S2K. Really sounds exciting!

--David

Last edited:
Hi David. It is always fun to drive along with our Honda/Acura brothers. We even have our own friends with Euros or domestics join us. As long as they keep their composure and enjoy the ride with us.

I just threw this out in hopes of getting some attention from those interested in a run. It's been a bit since the last one and although I know many of you may be occupied by the yearly runs organized on this site such as the Tax Relief drive and the upcoming CalCoastal Canyon Run, I want to know what date may be good for those who do show interest.

As for the date, I think we should have one that would allow time for people to sign up and have the opportunity to free up their schedules for this. This is a great chance for you to get a fun run in if you are unable to make the CalCoastal one.

How does July 19th or 26th work for you?:biggrin:

May is bad.
June is best.
July is good.

Edit: My thoughts are not to have two runs so close back to back, OP and then the NSX drive in July. Mix it up a little.

A couple of close friends will come, the kind we want on our OP runs (good people, good drivers, no hurry).

'08 Sky Redline
'05 Viper
'04 Cobra
'95 XJR

If you org it, they will come.

Thx to Dave D for the map. Vintage '03 right there. :cool:

Attachments

• OP map.JPG
    OP map.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 78
I'm down for the drive and I can rally some buddies to come along also. They have e36 M3 though. Let me know when you have a good date in mind.

I'd love to do this again sometime in mid-June or July. I have a friend with an S2000 who'd like to drive as well, plus another who would accompany me in my NSX. If the time works for me, I'll be there.

Okay, since we can't do it early june. I vote July.
after 4th of july weekend.

--David

Wait a sec, who says June is out? :confused:

There will be less turn out the weekend before and after the big NSX only drive on July 12th. Two big car events back to back typically means less participation.

I don't recommend 4th of July weekend as law enforcement will be more alert than normal looking for drunks and it will be a busy traffic weekend.

My vote is for June 21st or 28th. Any more lead time then that and the run will never happen.

I'm down for the drive and I can rally some buddies to come along also. They have e36 M3 though. Let me know when you have a good date in mind.

I don't see why anyone can join us just as long as they handle themselves well as well as their driving attitude. :biggrin:

My friend with an E36 M3/4dr/5spd is set to go as soon as we get a date set. We just have to find one on which to agree on seeing that there'll be a decent support.

I agree with JaguarXJ6's take in his last post as far as reasoning on which date would be better. In fact, I am currently free both the 21st and 28th of June.

Now we just need everyone to chime in. Then we'll go on from there.

I'd love to do this again sometime in mid-June or July. I have a friend with an S2000 who'd like to drive as well, plus another who would accompany me in my NSX. If the time works for me, I'll be there.

We've some pretty good driving time together. I say we get this puppy started. Do you know the area fairly as far as starting up a route?

Anyone with knowledge of the area who is willing to start the planning of the route please PM me.

I forgot to add that we may be joined by my buddies from Acurazine.com. They are a bunch of guys with CLs and TLs but, no RSXs.
Now, here are some pics and vids from previous outtings.

BlackAsses.jpg

PowayPLot.jpg

NessysPLot.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

Last edited:
Hey folks! I've updated the first post with the time and date as well as the beginning of the attendance list. Please sign up if you are certain that you can attend. Thanks!! :biggrin:

Count me in.... Last time I showed we got rained out....no big deal for the Audis, but for the NSX it was a No Va.

I plan to attend, and am inviting a golfing buddy of mine who has an S2000.

Count me in.... Last time I showed we got rained out....no big deal for the Audis, but for the NSX it was a No Va.
Sounds good and thanks for signing up. Hope to see you there with the NSX!
PLZ said:
I plan to attend, and am inviting a golfing buddy of mine who has an S2000.
It's good to see that you'll be joining us again. I'll sign you up and let me know if your buddy in the S2000 is a full go.

I'll update the list in the first post here. Thanks to everyone!!

If you can help in the planning of the route, please PM me.

Would love to attend the Palomar Mtn. run on July 28th. I just got my car back from Autowave in Huntington with a full turbo build. It will be a great time and I can show off some of Autowave's awesome work that they have done. If you look under the venders thread you fill find the write up on my 94 nsx. It is a thing of beauty.

Diegonsx
600+HP

Would love to attend the Palomar Mtn. run on July 28th. I just got my car back from Autowave in Huntington with a full turbo build. It will be a great time and I can show off some of Autowave's awesome work that they have done. If you look under the venders thread you fill find the write up on my 94 nsx. It is a thing of beauty.

Diegonsx
600+HP
Awesome. I definitely plan on checking this turbo NSX of yours out. See you there!

I am really looking forward to cruising with everyone on the Palomar run. It sounds like a lot of fun and I would love to meet some more car enthusiasts.

Diego NSX
'94 Turbo NSX -
W/Fully built race engine.

Sign me up =) I'll keep my distance so as not to slow down you RWD types.
*1993 KA7 Legend*

I am really looking forward to cruising with everyone on the Palomar run. It sounds like a lot of fun and I would love to meet some more car enthusiasts.

Diego NSX
'94 Turbo NSX -
W/Fully built race engine.

Congrats on your car......I seen it at the last SCA meet. Very clean and low profile you car looks. It is such a sleeper car....just be careful when you get on the car.......I hope they have tuned it so it doesn't whip out on you when you get off the gas. Enjoy the car in good health.

Thanks ediddynsx. I appreciate the comments. I will try to keep the ass on the grown. The thing is, with this kind of horsepower I can rip the tires loose at any time, even at 70 miles per hour. I have learned to use the power in moderation. Plus I don't like replacing rubber every other month.

Thanks,

Diegonsx
'94 NSX Turbo

Back