• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Palomar Run- 03/08/08 Join Us!

Brian you've never driven Ortega Hwy????????? :eek:

I haven't! Never had a reason to go out there! lol So this is enough of a reason? If things turn out well I want the same grounp of guys to go to malibu. There are some good runs up there. Should be fun!

Best way for OC guys is to take Ortega Hwy then south on the 15 to Temecula. Unfortunately, there is road construction there with a flagman right now, but if your lucky enough to lead the group, its a fun drive.

Best way for OC guys is to take Ortega Hwy then south on the 15 to Temecula. Unfortunately, there is road construction there with a flagman right now, but if your lucky enough to lead the group, its a fun drive.

True, but the construction site has gotten much better (cleaner, closer to completion).... We could just pull off after passing through and wait until they close it again. I normally go slow a ways before good turns to give some distance and then punch it through them! Makes people who get stacked up behind me wonder what I'm doing.. until they see me take off.. :tongue: Makes me miss my bike and the easy passing ...:redface:

Brian its definetly worth it.. Its a MUCH funner route to Palomar (a very good warm up) as Big D can attest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6xe0hrr3x8

just like the old days when we called them OP Runs(Ortega/Palomar):smile:

even supergreen is showing up????:eek: :biggrin:

the Oc group should meet at the old meeting place, Dennys off the 5 fwy at Hwy 74(Ortega hwy)....

who knows, I might have to take the G out and meet up with y'all....:redface:

just like the old days when we called them OP Runs(Ortega/Palomar):smile:

even supergreen is showing up????:eek: :biggrin:

the Oc group should meet at the old meeting place, Dennys off the 5 fwy at Hwy 74(Ortega hwy)....

who knows, I might have to take the G out and meet up with y'all....:redface:

Come and join us! =)

Okay guys, I'll be there. I just checked out my brakes, did an oil change and put my OEM chrome wheel and tire setup so I can conserve tread on my S-03s.
Let me know if you want to meet up with me in Temecula.

Last edited:
Anybody wants to caravan to the meeting point? Chad you meeting up with the OC group?
Let me know thanks!

Dennis,

Awesome! I'll see you there! :biggrin:

Okay guys, I'll be there. I just checked out my brakes, did an oil change and put my OEM chrome wheel and tire setup so I can conserve tread on my S-03s.
Let me know if you want to meet up with me in Temecula.

Anybody wants to caravan to the meeting point? Chad you meeting up with the OC group?
Let me know thanks!

Dennis,

Excellent! I want to check out that stereo.:smile:

Wow, 12 NSXs, That will be an awesome sight for sure.

Let me know thanks!

Dennis,

Henry I am gonna meet up with the OC group, but I'm back down in Mission Viejo so I'll be waiting for you guys to get down here and start on Ortega.. :tongue: Wait I forgot that is if Ramon can figure out what the ticking noise comming from my engine is :frown: I'm gonna take it in tomorrow morning and hopefully finish convincing him to go as well.

Henry I am gonna meet up with the OC group, but I'm back down in Mission Viejo so I'll be waiting for you guys to get down here and start on Ortega.. :tongue: Wait I forgot that is if Ramon can figure out what the ticking noise comming from my engine is :frown: I'm gonna take it in tomorrow morning and hopefully finish convincing him to go as well.

Excellent idea. Yea try to get that taken cared of first and i'm sure Ramon will join us once u nudge him a bit! :smile: Sounds good. I will post up the info tomorrow on where the OC guys will meet up. Too tired right now...

ill be joining you guys next month...... have fun!!!!:wink:

hey Chado,

Hope it's just a valve adjustment and nothing serious...Meeting up with Brian and the rest at SCP..yeah Please tell Ramon it would be really cool if he can make it. Hope to see you and Ramon there..:biggrin:

Thanks for the PM Henry. Just want to let everyone know i updated the info on the first thread with the location and time for all LA/OC guys to meet up so we can all roll and enjoy the drive together! Please make it on time so we can have more fun at Palomar and more time for lunch down there. :biggrin:

Well I don't have a ride. Sounds like the ticking could be a dreaded loose screw on one of the butterfly valves found in the intake manifold. :frown:
Should never be a problem from the factory, but I guess its gotta happen to somebody. I just hope thats the real problem.

I'll be there, weather permitting (i.e., no snow, rain, or ice). Also, a friend of mine with an S2000 might join us.

I'll be there, weather permitting (i.e., no snow, rain, or ice). Also, a friend of mine with an S2000 might join us.
I'll be meeting Zero-Cool at the Scripps Ranch Rite-Aid, just off of Scripps Poway Parkway, at 8:30AM.

We'll then meet up with NSXsd in Ramona just before 9:00AM, on our way to Lake Henshaw.

I'll be meeting Zero-Cool at the Scripps Ranch Rite-Aid, just off of Scripps Poway Parkway, at 8:30AM.

We'll then meet up with NSXsd in Ramona just before 9:00AM, on our way to Lake Henshaw.

Thanks for the info - I plan on driving directly from my house in Escondido to the rendezvous point in Santa Ysabel. See you there.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there! Please contact me guys if you have any questions regarding the meet up location.

Chado, I hope Ramon can fix your throttle plate issue. Good luck bud! Hope you can make it! I have confirmed at least 8 of the guys on the list. Confirm with me so we don't leave anyone behind! Thanks guys! This should be a great turnout!

I plan on hooking up with the OC group in Temecula. Henry (Jagtiger) is going to call me on the way down to set up a randevous point.

Just confirming as requested. See you at South Coast @730 Sat.

Yes, meet us there at 730am tomorrow at the starbucks (metro point) If you need to get ahold of me please give me a call at 714 292-9977.

Hey Big_D no prob. I'll talk to Jagtiger about a good rendevous point. We won't leave you behind! =)

it's global warming I tell you!

I'll be leaving from Escondido so I'll meet you guys at Henshaw.
Good news regarding the weather. Weather.com says the temp on Palomar will reach 33F this evening and be up to 54F by 10am, which of course means...... if you fly off the mountain, it's your fault!!:wink:

Back