• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Paranormal Activity

Saw it last night:

Crazy movie. Creepy as can be.
With ten minutes left a grown woman ran out of the theater while screaming. With five minutes left two girls walked out at a fast pace and looked like they were crying. None of them came back into the theater.
It was funny to watch all the guys in the theater trying to act like they weren't scared. By the end of the movie they were all slumped down in the seat hiding out next to their girlfriends.:biggrin:
After the movie a random guy in the bathroom asked me if any of the stuff in the movie could really happen. I told him to sleep with the night light on.

after the movie a random guy in the bathroom asked me if any of the stuff in the movie could really happen. I told him to sleep with the night light on.

rofl

Saw it last night:

Crazy movie. Creepy as can be.
With ten minutes left a grown woman ran out of the theater while screaming. With five minutes left two girls walked out at a fast pace and looked like they were crying. None of them came back into the theater.
It was funny to watch all the guys in the theater trying to act like they weren't scared. By the end of the movie they were all slumped down in the seat hiding out next to their girlfriends.:biggrin:
After the movie a random guy in the bathroom asked me if any of the stuff in the movie could really happen. I told him to sleep with the night light on.

Coincidence I'm actually in san diego now visiting and we saw it last night. Very scary and it made me jump all the time. Awesome movie, no credits ad to it's coolness. I would buy it when it comes out on video but would probably just get creeped out.

It's not a movie to watch alone at night - that's for sure.

The only part of the movie I disliked was the last 2 seconds of the movie. It took all the realism away. I wished it would have just ended with her standing there for a bunch of hours instead of the whole in the camera thing (I'm trying my best not to spoil it so please excuse the poor description).

The only part of the movie I disliked was the last 2 seconds of the movie. It took all the realism away. I wished it would have just ended with her standing there for a bunch of hours instead of the whole in the camera thing (I'm trying my best not to spoil it so please excuse the poor description).

Totally agree. It does get a scare though

agreed. That was the only part I was disappointed with as well. Excellent movie overall!

I read Paramount added that to the end to "jazz it up." The director shouldn't have let them touch the ending.

SORRY...this movie was not good at all. I would NOT recommend this movie to anyone. Maybe Law Abiding Citizen should be good.

yeah why are all you guys loving this movie? the movie was very tame till the end just cause they say its "real" gets you all scared if I showed you that movie and didnt tell you its "real" you wouldnt be scared at all and tell me ....that was a dumb movie

Great windfall for all concearned,I heard this was shot some years ago for 11k:cool:

The best reviews I read said see it opening weekend at the midnight show. That way it will be a packed crowd and worth it.

Don't rent it as it won't have the same effect.

Watching grown adults run out screaming was worth the price of a ticket for me. :biggrin:

+1 this movie sucked! Reminded me of blairwitch....:rolleyes: Waste of time.

Ditto. I wish I could have seen someone run out of the theater crying... I'm sure the same people would have pooped their pants if they saw Zombieland.

Don't believe the hype, if you can watch Ghosthunters by yourself this won't even raise a goosebump.

Now go watch Zombieland, that scene with Bill Murray is one for the ages...

i would like to see the males who ran out scared...honestly the 1st few minutes of the film was scariest because i did not know what was gonna happen. But it got boring fast and annoying.

On the way back home, a car almost crosses the intersection and almost gets hit by the car in front of me...that was the best part of the night.:tongue:

Me and my stepson saw it this afternoon. Sadly, after all the hype it's not exciting as I expected. I saw the Blair Witch movie opening night and it was very creepy but after I heard it was BS {I should've known} I took my daughter to see it the next day and it was a dud. I guess opening night should be the time to see these since you don't know what to expect. After that just wait for the DVD.:rolleyes:

paranormal inactivities. at least that's what i thought. all the good stuff was in the trailers.

WTF??? Are we watching the same movie?

After reading reviews (this thread included) I saw the movie tonight and just got back from the theater. What a letdown.

The first few minutes were the scariest? NOTHING happened ATALL for the first 45 minutes.... The last hour had some sort of 'action', but was broken up with plenty of ongoing boringness.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to act "all tough" because I really enjoy scary movies, Halloween is my favorite holiday, but I don't see how these reviews could be about the movie I just watched.

I seriously want those 2 hours of my life back...

Billy

I don't know. I thought it was pretty good. You've got to really let yourself go to enjoy it though. If I was really gullible, like I'm sure many people were watching it, I bet it woulda scared the bejesus out of me. I watched it at home in the dark with a gf though. That might have made a difference.

Last edited:
Back