• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

parking light bulb replacement

Hope someone can give me a pointer or two...I've read the bulb replacement FAQ here (http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Accessories/lights.htm) but can't find the mentioned screw that loosens the light assembly. Is it visible or just something I have to feel for? Not sure what is meant by a "captive screw" also so maybe that's part of my inability to find it.

When you say Parking light, did you mean by removing the whole bumper light assembly? If so, you need a long Philips screw driver and going through underneath the bumper, you should see the screw. For ease, you could jack up your front end.

all you need to do is just lossen it, you don't even need to remove it. All hondas are like that. then push the outside of the lens, so it'll "unlatch", (there's a plastic tabs inside) basically, the light will be pop out.

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Reference/1991_svcman/1991servman.pdf

page: 1177/1420

it's a 5 minutes job.

optimist said:
Is it visible or just something I have to feel for? Not sure what is meant by a "captive screw" also so maybe that's part of my inability to find it.
It is visible if you lay on your back & look up there - it won't be when you put your screwdriver in. There is a small access cutout in the lower edge of that part of the bumper below the light that is your reference point.

Captive just means that the screw has a clip on it to prevent it falling out when last threads are free. At that point the screw will just spin & spin if you continue to "unscrew" it; you should be able to feel that is completely free of its engagement however even though it doesn't come out.

I just read this thread, does anyone know where i can actually order a parking light bulb replacement?

AndyNSX said:
I just read this thread, does anyone know where i can actually order a parking light bulb replacement?

Just the bulb or the entire assembly? The bulb is a standard 194 type wedge bulb. A type 168 will fit as well but it has a shorter life span due to its slightly higher amperage than the 194. (.35 vs .27)

Back