• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Parrott MKi9200 Bluetooth Install

:confused: Anyone ever install a Parrot MKi9200 Bluetooth Kit? I searched but didn't' find anything. I went to install one in the NSX today and after removing the center counsel I started laying out the wires when I noticed the wiring harness I bought was no good. Does anyone know of a good harness that will work with it? I tried Crutchfield who usually knows but they didn't carry it for the NSX. I'm going to call Parrot tomorrow.

Anyway, I plan to document this for Prime once done. I also bought a Panavise Cell Phone holder (no drilling) which I've bought for a few other cars also and this once again did not go well. The bends were not perfect and it shifted the center counsel a hair and it wasn't good. Basically a rough afternoon.

The only good news, the short through shifter and NSX-R stalk (which I cut down another 3/4") did go smoothly. I love that. I wasn't sure how I would like it with the 6spd gearbox (I had a 92 previously).

Since the parents moved to Florida, that was my Mothers day...

Hi Mike

I can't offer any advice but i am anxious to see how the Parrot works out for you, as I have had my eye on it as well. Best of luck :biggrin:

Well I already have the unit so it's only a matter of time. It looks like we need a rather pricey wiring harness (to the tune of about $125). I will confirm that today. Again, it will be well documented for the team. Latest completion will be Sunday.

Some good news today. I spoke to a tech at quickconnects, a company that apparently has been doing this sort of thing for some time, and although they do not have a set kit for the NSX-Parrot integration, they do now have the necessary components. He walked me through what to order and it's on the way. I'll document exactly what is needed for this weekends install but so far it looks favorable. Sadly the harness cames came to $175 bones which is more than I paid for the Parrot. Kind of disappointing but it will have to do.

Preview pictures

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337521761.791234.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1337521785.844234.jpg

Oh boy that was fun....

The Parrot is installed and works great. It barely, barely fit all the wires but I documented all of it with photos (I will put together tonight).

The bad news:
1. My wireless Parrot controller is no good. Fortunately I have 2 other cars with these devices and they are universal. I will call Parrot tomorrow for a replacement.
2. I put it together wrong the first time and I think I bent a pin. If I hit a bump the power goes out on the Parrot. Sooooo pissed. I need to pull the whole thing back apart and find the issue. That is really going to ruin an afternoon.

:mad: More problems with this install....

So I fixed the wiring problem, I'm a fool and did not snap one of the connections together until it locked. That was not bright. I got the whole thing setup perfectly and went for a drive with some good music and super clear phone kit. :biggrin: But then....

I figured I would update the software in the Parrot to the most rescent version which supposedly does a better job with the iPhone 4s, but that was the last time the Parrot powered up! :mad::mad::mad:

...the good news, Parrot is sending me a new remote and a new 'brain' for the system. So they are backing up the product. They said it's vary rare for that to happen but can. Once I get that I will conclude the install.

I am about 50% done with the documentation for the install (including some safeguards to not go through what I did). It's coming out well. I'll also follow up with the quality of the product for the install configuration I used in the NSX. Sound quality, clarity etc...

One more weekend.... :cool:

:big grin: The Parrot installation is complete.

Brief Summary:
Total Cost: $350 (~$150 for Parrot, ~$150 for Harnesses, and $50 for other items).
Key Notes:
The Radio must be on to operate.
Volume for the Parrot is controlled through it's own remote (not the radio volume).
It's primarily for use with an iPhone.
You need to be sure you disable the 'shake to shuffle' feature on your iPhone (Settings>Music>Shake To Shuffle)
Overall I give it an 8 of 10.
I have full documentation of the install in PowerPoint and PDF but am not sure how to post that documentation. Let me know if you can help me with that.

IMG_0307 by michael_lohr, on Flickr

IMG_0305 by michael_lohr, on Flickr

IMG_0306 by michael_lohr, on Flickr

B by michael_lohr, on Flickr

IMG_1387 by michael_lohr, on Flickr

This is the best I could determine at the moment. It's the PowerPoint file saved as a video. It's a 12meg file so I need to figure out a plan for how to power.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="300" data="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=109786" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"> <param name="flashvars" value="intl_lang=en-us&photo_secret=c4fe239589&photo_id=7398285922"></param> <param name="movie" value="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=109786"></param> <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"></param> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=109786" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="intl_lang=en-us&photo_secret=c4fe239589&photo_id=7398285922" height="300" width="400"></embed></object>

Last edited:
This is the best I could determine at the moment. It's the PowerPoint file saved as a video. It's a 12meg file so I need to figure out a plan for how to get posted to prime.
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="300" data="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=109786" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"> <param name="flashvars" value="intl_lang=en-us&photo_secret=c4fe239589&photo_id=7398285922"></param> <param name="movie" value="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=109786"></param> <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"></param> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=109786" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="intl_lang=en-us&photo_secret=c4fe239589&photo_id=7398285922" height="300" width="400"></embed></object>

Last edited:
A bit more good news. QuickConnectProducts.com is in the process of officially listing the required harnesses for the NSX. Quick Connect Products specializes in car audio connectors and are the 'designated', if you will, company that Parrot sends you too for questions. So we will be listed in the future.

(For the record, I am no way affiliated with either company. My only incentive is to make things easier for us NSX owners).

Couple Month update...

So still works pretty well. Not quite as well as my other car's install which I can't explain.

One important note on the audio. I had the factory settings for audio at the beginning. With the Bose system you really need to go to the audio settings and turn off the 'Virtual Base Boost'. Not sure that is the wording but you will see it. If you don't the speakers are just hit too hard. Once I did that it was easier to listen at higher volumes (which I do when the top is off, which is pretty much always).

Couple Month update...

So still works pretty well. Not quite as well as my other car's install which I can't explain.

One important note on the audio. I had the factory settings for audio at the beginning. With the Bose system you really need to go to the audio settings and turn off the 'Virtual Base Boost'. Not sure that is the wording but you will see it. If you don't the speakers are just hit too hard. Once I did that it was easier to listen at higher volumes (which I do when the top is off, which is pretty much always).
nice document!
I had a Parrott MKi9200 in my Toyota Tacoma. I removed after 6 months and put the Toyota factory bluetooth unit in. Less function, but more reliable and the auto-radio mute has a better integration. Audio over bluetooth has a lot to be desired. Direct connect has a better sound quality.
The positive to the Parrott in the NSX is you get to keep the CD changer.

Last edited:
Hmmm. I am on my 4th. Hyundai Elantra, Mazda 6, Nissan Altima and the NSX. I wouldn't say I love the system, probably 8 of 10 but if your car does not support Bluetooth I think it's reasonable (especially for iPhone). If I had a factory system I would agree probably. My girlfriend picked up a 2012 Mazda 3 this week. When I get back from my business trip I am interested in seeing how it works comparatively.

I will additionally say that it works better on my Mazda 6 than the NSX which I cannot explain (probably because its an amplified system). It is about time to check for another software update though.

Update: I updated the software this weekend (easy process explained on parrots website). It works MUCH better now with the iPhone 5. I have not had a single issue connecting, disconnecting or scrolling songs through BluTooth. Seems to be a much better solution now (not that I put it against a factory system).

Great write up! Looking forward to adding this.

Blaine

Back