• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Paul Tracy pushing his Comptech NSX to 193

I wonder if that link works for people who aren't members. Works for me, but I have an account with them. If so, someone let me know. They had another great article about a twin turbo NSX from Bruce Nomura's shop. I can set a link to that here if anyone is interested. That is... if it allows access to non-members.

Does anyone know anything about his NSX? I do not really see how he is on the rev limiter at 193 MPH using any set of mods I can imagine he would be running.

I'm not an overboost member. The first link works fine and the web page shows the entire article. The link to the twin turbo article only shows the first paragraph and you have to be a member to get access to the entire article.

That's weird. If you compare the 2 links, they are identical except for the final three numbers pointing to a different file. Yet, people can see the first one and not the second one. I have no idea. I just went to the full page and pasted the link.

Originally posted by Lud:
Does anyone know anything about his NSX? I do not really see how he is on the rev limiter at 193 MPH using any set of mods I can imagine he would be running.

I dunno about Pauls car but my speedo only goes to 180. Guess he could have swapped it for a 200 though.

Thats a great little story though, Can you imagine F*&^ing around with Paul Tracy in the desert and having him just blow the doors off your car like that. 190 is as casual to him as a stroll down the freeway is for us mere mortals.

That's just plain old Haulin Ass!

[This message has been edited by Craig (edited 30 April 2001).]

When a new article comes out on Overboost.com, you need a "full-access" pass. After a couple of days, the full-access pass is removed and anyone can read it. Soon after that, the full-access is required again so there is only a small window when you can read it for free.

193 is such a specific number that unless he's just pulling it out of thin air, I'd assume he calculated it based on his gear ratios and tire size. But I cannot figure out what set of mods would put him at 193 MPH at 8000 RPM in 6th gear.

P.S. 180 is just the last number on the stock speedometer... it is marked a little beyond that.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 01 May 2001).]

Originally posted by Lud:

has anyone considered the possibility that Tracy could be just talking out his ass? I mean, have any of you ever said something like, "I was doing x", when you knew "x" was just a guestimate?

This guy's story may be as stretched as his speedometer. I haven't seen a speedo that goes that high unless he's using a different form of speed measuring device.

Back