• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

PerformancePackage™ Aluminum Coolant Reservoir Tank - $249.95 Shipped

So I keep hearing your tanks are made in China, or somewhere over seas like that. Can you confirm this?
I have spoken to several excellent fabricators in my area and was told they could build tanks for $250-$300 depending on volume. I'm still in shock you had that many people pay $500 for the ones you were selling

I have spoken to several excellent fabricators in my area and was told they could build tanks for $250-$300 depending on volume. I'm still in shock you had that many people pay $500 for the ones you were selling

(Not really my place to post about our tanks in this thread and it's already been discussed on other threads, however, the $200-300 range is well below our cost in our tanks, we set out to build the highest quality tank on the market, not the cheapest. That is why they were $439, and what you can't see from the outside is what we do on the inside of our tanks that really set it apart from the rest.)

- Apologies Scorp, but I'd still like an answer to the question.

Last edited:
(Not really my place to post about our tanks in this thread and it's already been discussed on other threads, however, the $200-300 range is well below our cost in our tanks, we set out to build the highest quality tank on the market, not the cheapest. That is why they were $439, and what you can't see from the outside is what we do on the inside of our tanks that really set it apart from the rest.)

- Apologies Scorp, but I'd still like an answer to the question.

When I first purchased my NSX tanks were this price, from SOS, Dali, etc., then they went out of production. When they were reintroduced by certain vendors, somehow the price doubled.

As I mentioned in the first post, our tank has a welded internal slosh baffle, similar in design to the factory tank.

For our customers, who do have a place on this thread, we're going to be shipping these tanks in the next few days.

So I keep hearing your tanks are made in China, or somewhere over seas like that. Can you confirm this?

Still looking for this answer.

Costs have risen steadily as material costs have increased. Aluminum is not the same price today it was 10 years ago, or even 5 years ago for that matter.

Last edited:
^^^ Quite ANNOYING NSX1145 when your business sense is to drop a dime on other vendors or comment which actually does not sound well on your part. You both are vendors in a very niche small market. Competitiveness is great but in mine and many others who have brought the same subject up. Made my business go elsewhere. Sorry but your minute actions could not let me keep these in.

To honestly answer, QUITE A bit of US consumption are being exported from China. Critique is good but not dropping small dimes not just in this thread isn't.

Sorry for the rant John, just had to say something which rarely do passively.

Back on topic.

Nice tank!!!

Last edited:
^^^ Quite annoying when your business sense is to drop a dime on other vendors or comment which actually does not sound well on your part. You both are vendors in a very niche small market. Competitiveness is great but in mine and many others who have brought the same subject up. Made my business go elsewhere. Sorry but your minute actions could not let me keep these in.

To honestly answer, QUITE A bit of US consumption are being exported from China. Critique is good but not dropping small dimes not just in this thread isn't.

Back on topic.

Nice tank!!!

+1 million

Unless YOU "nsx1145" personally make all your tanks with your own two hands, not your shop, not your friends, not someone you paid, and not whoever else the company you represent employees I don't think you should be calling anybody out where their product is made.

Great looking tank John. If I didn't have Ross's I'd be all over this

Last edited:

Costs have risen steadily as material costs have increased. Aluminum is not the same price today it was 10 years ago, or even 5 years ago for that matter.
That was a crummy move. Not sure what you expected to accomplish but I get it I think.. you remind me of Ross. Very passionate American craftsman with lots of pride in their product. So much so that it bleeds into his reputation when people take it the wrong way... maybe.

I wish other Americans had your work ethic. I just received the crappiest set of Eibach Coilovers (Made In America) i've ever had the displeasure of putting on any car. My Walbro (Made In America) fuel pump also took a shit on my NSX. The shocks I put on my friend's SL500 are also crappy and also Made In America. I have had a shitty string of luck of Made In America parts lately so at this rate i'll take either 1) a better part from overseas or 2) pay a lower price for the same crappy part.

Sduffass, you should not be talking, especially after ripping off my product and trying to sell it back on the same forum I introduced it on.

I am not calling out anyone, you are turning my question into a pissing match and that is not the intention. I asked the question 3 times and it seems to be overlooked, so I am going to take that as a yes that they are made in china. I was genuinely curious because I have many customers comparing the 2 and I'd like to know. If the vendor can't take any questions or criticism then they shouldn't be on here. Again, apologies Scorp, as Synergy, Sduffass and Ryu all have their mind set in negative ways.

- - - Updated - - -

Sduffass, you should not be talking, especially after ripping off my product and trying to sell it back on the same forum I introduced it on.

I am not calling out anyone, you are turning my question into a pissing match and that is not the intention. I asked the question 3 times and it seems to be overlooked, so I am going to take that as a yes that they are made in china. I was genuinely curious because I have many customers comparing the 2 and I'd like to know. If the vendor can't take any questions or criticism then they shouldn't be on here. Again, apologies Scorp, as Synergy, Sduffass and Ryu all have their mind set in negative ways.

Yeah great product. The one you ripped off the original carbon version right? Oh yeah you may have forgotten. Should I post the link again?

I'll call you out whenever I want. I made my panel because when I got yours it sucked. Also I actually make my parts. Again what do you actually do?

Don't be a hater on John because he has 2x the amount of people on his list because he's offering a great product at half your price. And don't be hating on me because I took your product I wasn't happy with and made it better suited for me and a few others. Now maybe if you shut your mouth and kept your comments to yourself instead of acting like an innocent smartass people would like you more and it wouldn't make the company you represent not look like complete ass. Maybe it's time scw finds a new rep.

^^^ Quite ANNOYING NSX1145 when your business sense is to drop a dime on other vendors or comment which actually does not sound well on your part. You both are vendors in a very niche small market. Competitiveness is great but in mine and many others who have brought the same subject up. Made my business go elsewhere. Sorry but your minute actions could not let me keep these in.

Back on topic.

Nice tank!!!

I agree. So tired of him constantly trying to put down other vendors and then trying to boost his product like god himself made it. You aren't the only person who makes a good product. Deal with it.

Last edited:
All his comments on other vendors threads have been in poor taste and were meant in a malicious manner to question the vendors quality or designs. I actually regret buying his products after reading his comments directed at others and won't be doing any further transactions with him.

Waiting for people to receive their tanks and post feedback. I am very interested as my OEM is on the aging side.

I call B.S.!

We weren't born yesterday and this isn't Hondatech. It's funny how you poke and prod and back track saying you're an angel.

Anyway, great product here. It could be made in East LA or Istanbul...doesn't matter to me. If another vendor can make the same quality product at the same price then more power to them.

I like that whenever nsx1145 posts in others vendors threads he starts his post by apologizing or downplaying what he is doing and then proceeds to do it anyway! Like this tactic actually does something in his mind, when to me it just makes it all seem even more ridiculous

Like I stated before I can have your tank built for $300 with excellent craftsmanship. I was about about to before this thread and Lovefab somehow made one at a fair price also. The fact you keep coming into other ppeople's threads like this shows your mentality. Very unprofessional.

Thought I was the only one that noticed this in all vendor threads he pokes his head into. There are a couple of items i do like from SCW but decided to go elsewhere for similar products since i do NOT like to support vendors that act the way nsx1145 does.

The container arrived on the 28th, but was selected for a CET exam (customs inspection), which typically takes 3-4 days. We're waiting on word from the freight company on when the coolant tanks can be picked up, status Today is still in transit to the bonded warehouse.

Once they get to our warehouse we'll be shipping by order of payment, I'd estimate sometime next week, due to the delay with customs clearance.

Back