• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Photo ticket question

My question remains: Have you ever actually heard of anyone being fined, getting a suspension or being arrested for not paying a photo ticket?
Yes. In California you DO NOT want to ignore the photo ticket.

Even in AZ it's changing where certain judges will allow "alternative service" where if the processor leaves a note at your place of residence 3 times, it's considered sufficient. And you can be arrested / have your license suspended for failing to respond to a photo ticket.

The thing that sucks in CA is the photo ticket is hundreds of dollars. A huge revenue maker.

Red light cameras are nothing more than private businesses given a license to steal with a 50% kickback going to the city.

Ever gotten one? I bet you paid it.

My understanding is that these "tickets" are unenforceable, no matter how
"official" they look because of the total lack of proof of who was actually driving
(registered owner is ONLY an assumption).

Do not respond, just THROW these AWAY...(or save them for reference later).

Additionally, sending an ignored "ticket bill" to a collection company is
also unenforceable as they cannot damage your credit without proof of whose
debt it really is because knowingly reporting incorrect (& unverified)
information to a credit reporting bureau is a violation of the Federal Fair Credit
Reporting Act.

Want proof? Ignore one & see how you will NEVER get a warrant for your
arrest issued or have it go on your driving record. Wait 6 month to a year, get
pulled over, see how Officer "City Coffers Collection Boy" has zero knowledge of the
"ticket"?

Of course you could always get one for those flexible computer privacy
screen covers (3M makes them), cut it down, place over your license plate in the
frame, then just say it's a (slightly) "tinted dirt cover" if ever asked
about it. These covers are a bit pricey ($90 last I checked), but they will pay for
themselves if they save you from even one "ticket".

You can see through these when viewing straight on, but view of the plate
is obscured when viewed from an off-set angle...like the ones that the red
light cameras are installed & aimed from.

Please people, don't pay these stupid things. They are nothing but a shakedown.

I was in LA a few weeks ago, and I saw a news story about courts and dmv not enforcing red light tickets, and the county of LA is asking people to voluntarily pay their tickets.

Are red light tickets no longer enforceable in the state of california?

Back