• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

pic of custom leather seats.

These are from leatherseats.com based on the positive threads from two years ago on this board. Leatherseats.com was very easy to order from. They sent me swatches so I could match up the colors best as possible. They assisted me with ordering and guided me to their NSX specific installation page. I bought the suggested tools from them (a must if diy).

Thanks to dquarasr2 for helping me out w/ all the PMs. Of the many mods on my car this has to be my 2nd favorite. I highly recommend it as a diy. Fairly easy but time consuming.

Doeskin cushions, black bolsters, black headrest, and matching double stitching throughout the seats. Just installed today - I am told the leather wil tighten over the next couple of weeks.

Attachments

• 100_3206.jpg
    100_3206.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 529
  • 100_3209.jpg
    100_3209.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 534
Last edited:
They looks nice, but the workmanship is poor. Lack of fullness, wrinkles.:tongue:

LOL-If you think these have wrinkles, you should have seen the oem leather. It looked like shar pei hide.:biggrin:
Leatherseats.com tells me that the leather will tighten over the next two weeks. We'll see, but either way they look ten times better than the oem.

unique color-combo', neat-o!

If you think these have wrinkles, you should have seen the oem leather. It looked like shar pei hide...
Going by the images (as that's all what we have to go by!), the fabrication/assembly of the seat-covers appears to be sub-par, not even mediocre (in terms of fitment, not craftsmanship). And the install appears to be rather lackluster & quite unprofessional.

The OEM leather seat-covers had a 'gathered' appearance at the cushion seams. This is a hallmark of premium/luxury seating and done w/ intent.

The leatherseats.com seat-covers appear to have improperly-sized inserts/panels or the underlying foam-cushions have lost shape/form over the years. Usually, a professional installer will be able to make the misfitting seat-covers fit the existing seat by adding foam and/or trimming material.

With all that said though, the choice of materials, stitching, grain/texture, etc' all look to be of quality!

I really, really hope the leather seat-covers eventually conform to the seat better than they do as of now, because it looks quite unacceptable... IMHO!

I've never heard of leather getting tighter as the days go by, but what do I know. I would think they would instead relax/stretch as the days go by BICBW.

Nice combo though :)

Re: unique color-combo', neat-o!

The OEM leather seat-covers had a 'gathered' appearance at the cushion seams. This is a hallmark of premium/luxury seating and done w/ intent.

The leatherseats.com seat-covers appear to have improperly-sized inserts/panels or the underlying foam-cushions have lost shape/form over the years. Usually, a professional installer will be able to make the misfitting seat-covers fit the existing seat by adding foam and/or trimming material.

QUOTE]

There are small differences in fit between oem and leatherseats.com. I do not not know how much of this is due to wear of the foam. The passenger side hides fit much more snug than driver.
Everyone who had suggestions for install told me how tough it was to get the leather over the foam, but I had no problem getting it right on. This makes me think that my seat may need more foam.
I will post in two weeks with an update on the condition. Hopefully this will help others with their install on older seats.

FWIW mine tightened/settled in over the last couple months. look real good. Maybe it helps that my installer was meticulous :smile:

I would have thought the leather supplied will have been pre-shrunk before cutting for use in the new covers. Having spent time in trim shops IME leather will usually only shrink if wet and exposed to heat so am surprised by the comments provided to you.

As others have suggested, I would suggest your drivers seat (at least) would benefit from replacement/additional foam. If not added, I would expect the cover to appear more loose than currently shown in the photos.

Now, with that said I'de like to compliment you on the choice of colors/combination that really do lift the interior over OEM. Well done!

regards, Paul

I would have thought the leather supplied will have been pre-shrunk before cutting for use in the new covers. Having spent time in trim shops IME leather will usually only shrink if wet and exposed to heat so am surprised by the comments provided to you.

As others have suggested, I would suggest your drivers seat (at least) would benefit from replacement/additional foam. If not added, I would expect the cover to appear more loose than currently shown in the photos.

Now, with that said I'de like to compliment you on the choice of colors/combination that really do lift the interior over OEM. Well done!

regards, Paul

I added foam. Once it got hot outside during this summer the leather started to tighten even more. Here is an updated thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118495

Back