• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Picasa vs iPhoto?

folks,

i'm currently a picasa user on my xp systems. i've recently acquired a imac g5 that comes with iPhoto... i'd like to centralize all of my photo/video on the mac but am wondering if any of you have comparison experience with these two products and might share some feedback with me.

thx in advance.

Ok, so his feeling is that Picasa is better than iPhoto (which is probably the weakest of the iApps from Apple). If you want to move your photos over to the Mac, he suggests iViewMedia, which is a commercial app but is far superior (in his opinion) to Picasa or iPhoto. I believe you can download a trial version, and it's also available for Windows.

http://www.iview-multimedia.com/

I use iPhoto myself, and it's "ok", and does the job, but nothing special.

I'm not a huge fan of iPhoto... I have yet to find a use for it for myself??

I just throw everything into the Pictures folder and keep them sorted.

I never used the photo-programs with my old PC either though, probably my persona pref.

rickysals said:
I'm not a huge fan of iPhoto... I have yet to find a use for it for myself??

I just throw everything into the Pictures folder and keep them sorted.

I never used the photo-programs with my old PC either though, probably my persona pref.

I seem to only use the photo program with win xp pro. I used others but real comfortable with this one.

Back