• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Picnic And Softball Game

As part of a meeting, we could have a picnic & softball game between the bay area chapter and the sacramento chapter. This is an event that the entire family can participate in.....................bill

1(racer-ex)+2

Last edited:
Put it together and I'm sure there will be quite a few takers... build it, and they will come

J

Can I be the umpire?:biggrin:

As part of a meeting, we could have a picnic & softball game between the bay area chapter and the sacramento chapter. This is an event that the entire family can participate in.....................bill

How about we do it in Sonoma? Convenient place to meet for both groups.

We can get one of the local fields for the game and then have the gathering at our place?

Ara (and Alison)

Good Idea Bill. I would be in for something like this or a basketball game. Good way to break the ice and have some fun at the same time.

i'm in for the sac team.... 20+ years playing slow pitch league and tournaments...can pitch and play outfield...

Hey! How about the Central Valley folks? Are we not included?

First i wanted to find out if there was any interest before setting a date.We would of course, need enough people who would want to play on each team, at least 16 to 18 people. I was thinking of late august, either the 30th or 31st. Ara has agreed to use his place in sonoma for the picnic or gathering . I can get a local field for the game . But this is all tentative until i drive up to sonoma and check out facilities..........bill

First i wanted to find out if there was any interest before setting a date.We would of course, need enough people who would want to play on each team, at least 16 to 18 people. I was thinking of late august, either the 30th or 31st. Ara has agreed to use his place in sonoma for the picnic or gathering . I can get a local field for the game . But this is all tentative until i drive up to sonoma and check out facilities..........bill

Date works for me.

I suck at softball. But I'm down. I'll play for the shitty team after I had a few beers. Then I can blame my crappy abilities on too many brews lol.

This is a great idea Bill - we used to have "Basketball" meets each week for the s2000 guys.

I have not touched a softball since my college days so whoever is on the bay area team will need to help me out! haha

I know someone suggested b-ball vs baseball/softball - keep in mind we need a lot more committed players to play one game vs. the other one.

10 for B-ball and at least 16-18 for baseball/softball

Sounds interesting and if the date works I'll be done for it :)

rick

Back