• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

pics of 18/19 HP evos on blk nsx

18x8 front with 225/35/18 nitto's
19x9.5 rear with 275/30/19 nitto's

38mm offset

7326DSC00820_1_-med.JPG

7326DSC00821-med.JPG

7326DSC00822-med.JPG

BFUCKINGUTFUL!!!!!!! DAMN...................sorry if I offended anyone here. I am getting mine custom made for BBK.....should be here tomorrow. However, I won't be getting that much lips. Stunin'!!!

Looking Good Gil.
I likes.
Len
See you sometime next month. :wink:

Make me feel like dumping the GTC's for the HP evo wheels.

An absolute thing of beauty. I have been drooling over these wheels ever since DJSKYY posted some pictures of them about a month ago. I had my heart set on a 17/18 combo, but if you choose the HP Evo route, your options are either 18/18, or 18/19. Both look incredible, but I was really hoping to avoid the 18/19 combo.

In my quest to find a 17/18 combo, my disappointment is that nothing appeals to me more than these wheels, at any price. They look incredible. The difference in the pics above comparing them to the stock set-up is mind blowing. Holy cow.

Weight is a big issue for a lot of Prime members. If the figures I recieved are correct, the 18x8 weigh about 23 lbs, and the 18x9 weigh about 24 lbs. That might be correct, because on two different websites that list weights of different wheels, indicate that the 17x7 HP Evo (aka Lightning) weighs 19.8 -- so that seems in line with the figures for the 18s. That's not light like the magnesium and forged one, but that's not too bad, either. Besides, it's not like people go 18/19 for performance anyway. Whatever route I take, I'll be keeping my homely 15/16 with OEM Yokos for a possible track day, or when I feel like a high performance day. Who knows, maybe when I get the larger wheels, the NSX will still feel like a "performer." Hopefully the drop in performance won't be anything significant.

Right now my main debate is whether I should go 18/18 or 18/19. That is unless I find a 17/18 combo in a different wheel that I could agree on ---- which has not been the case. The HP EVO has set the standard for me personally, and I can't seem to top it.

Do the pictures above feature the Hyper Silver LIGHT, or Hyper Silver DARK?

I ordered the work vs-kf's 8 weeks ago and am still waiting. They have a good size lip (3in or so on rear). Once i get them I will post pictures.

Do the pictures above feature the Hyper Silver LIGHT, or Hyper Silver DARK?

They feature the hyper silver finish.

93B18 said:
38mm iffset front and back?? Stance, wheels, and WW are all sweet! Are you running any spacers or have problems with rubbing the inner fender?

They are 38mm front and back. I am using 1mm spacers. The wheels just barely hit the calipers when i test fitted them. I'm not big on spacers and wish I didn't have to use them but not every rim can be perfect. I do experience slight rubbing when trying to do U turns and turn on inclines.

The front lip measures a good 2 inches and the rear measures right under 4 inches. I will try to get more in depth pics.

Thanks for all the replies.

Last edited:
looks simply fantastic...

synergy004 said:
Hey Len, you bringing the beast down?

gil

Most likely. However, I will not be parking next to you.
That car looks too damn good, and I won't have any $$$'s left to make mine look as good.
Len

synergy004 said:
Len that must be a joke. HA HA HA.

gil

No joke man, Mama has put me on a car budget, I have exceeded my budget for the next 5 years over the last year. Now I gotta do irresponsible stuff, like remodel her bedroom and bath, her kitchen. :smile:

I get to buy the BBK and the 02 rear valance. That's it!!
Seriously the car looks good. I love those wheels as much as these here. I am truly wishing I had gone that route.
nsxee_1.jpg

We can talk about gauges when I get there.
What have you done to the interior lately?

Len,

If you want to sell your Work wheels, so you can buy the HP Evos, let me know. :smile:

What size is your set up: 17/18 or 18/19? What are the offsets?

Thanks!

ZRO260B4U said:
Len,

If you want to sell your Work wheels, so you can buy the HP Evos, let me know. :smile:

What size is your set up: 17/18 or 18/19? What are the offsets?

Thanks!

I don't have work wheels 0-2-60, I have SSR GT3's.
That is a picture of another prime member's car.
I have always loved the way the black car looks with these wheels.
Sorry for the confusion.

Gil,

Just a few questions:

I was under the impression that these wheels would fit without any spacers. What year is your NSX? I have a '93.

Are you running stock suspension, or has it been lowered?

I guess you don't know this for sure, but do you think it will rub with 215/35/18 up front?

What wheel set-up did you upgrade from, and how would you describe/quantity the difference in ride?

Is the decrease in performance noticeable as far as acceleration, braking, and handling?

KingsCourt said:
Just a few questions:

I was under the impression that these wheels would fit without any spacers. What year is your NSX? I have a '93.

Are you running stock suspension, or has it been lowered?

I guess you don't know this for sure, but do you think it will rub with 215/35/18 up front?

What wheel set-up did you upgrade from, and how would you describe/quantity the difference in ride?

Is the decrease in performance noticeable as far as acceleration, braking, and handling?

A 1mm spacer to fit these will be required at 38mm offsets front and rear. HP only makes these in those offsets for the NSX I believe. Looking at the boxes they came in it says, "They come in 38mm and 40mm." The 40mm is what I would recommend if the application is available. The lip wont be as large but should require no spacers.

I am running eibach spring and stock struts. 91 NSX

With 215/35/18 the front would fit fine without rubbing. I would have went this route if the widths were 7.5. I have 8's in the front. They should work fine with those sizes. Depending on brand some will look stretched and other wont.

I upgraded from 17/18 set up

front were 215/40/17 es100 konig verdicts 17x7.5
rears were 265/35/18 es 100 18x8 I think

The wheels on currently are lighter than the previous wheels even going up on diameters which surprised me.

Only draw back was acceleration wasn't as quick as before. Then again the car isn't meant to go fast in a straight line unless you build it to suit.

On windy roads it feels much stable, probably from the wider stance of the wheels.

Braking on stock set up seems the same to me. I went and did some hard braking and car still performs its duties. If there are any differences they will be very minimal to no difference. Another factor to stopping distances would be the weight of the wheels. If you get some over weight wheels then ofcoarse acceleration and braking will be affected and probably very noticable.

Back