• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pics of emvanderpol's NSX with Comptech Wing

Gene (emvanderpol) recently added the rear wing from the Comptech widebody kit to his 1995 NSX-T, as well as the Wings West lower body kit. Several people have requested pics, and he kindly asked me to host/post his pics. No problem. Here you go.

I must say the car looks absolutely KICKIN'!!!! Sweet stuff there, Gene!!!
bigok.gif

-Randy

emvanderpol01.jpg

emvanderpol02.jpg

emvanderpol03.jpg

emvanderpol04.jpg

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey ..........SOLD!!!
1992 SC400
2003 Chevy Suburban LT

[This message has been edited by FuryNSX (edited 01 March 2003).]

is there a closer shot of how the spoiler meets the rear quarter panels and if it flairs out or is flush with the lines of the trunk lid ?

Originally posted by Yellowdancer:
Gene,
Very nice! I like it! Can't wait to see the car in person. You are SD new BAD ASS NSX now!
biggrin.gif

------------------------------------------
Well, until sunday anyway! he!he!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Yellowdancer (edited 01 March 2003).]

To the previous post: YES!

I paid $500.00 for it from Comptech, but noticed it came in a Wings West box (I didn't know that was who made it). I then called Wings West just out of curiousity, and they called Comptech to see if they could sell it direct. After much hem & haw, the answer was YES. The kicker is that Wings West can sell it for.....$250.00 complete (wiring, led, mount tabs, etc.) Just add paint. That is one hell of a price for the wing.

Originally posted by emvanderpol:

I paid $500.00 for it from Comptech, but noticed it came in a Wings West box (I didn't know that was who made it). I then called Wings West just out of curiousity, and they called Comptech to see if they could sell it direct. After much hem & haw, the answer was YES. The kicker is that Wings West can sell it for.....$250.00 complete (wiring, led, mount tabs, etc.) Just add paint. That is one hell of a price for the wing.

Wings West can also paint it for you at a very fair price.

I have a Flow-Master Special with some aftermarket dual tips. I've posted on the "Do-It-Yourself" section discussing this exhaust. It sounds better than any exhaust I've heard on an NSX, better than a Tubi on a Ferrari 355, better than the Tubi on the NSX. IT'S THAT GOOD. And given the price of $300.00 to fabricate, it's a steal. Just my two cents.

I love the look! It is really picking up the lines of the car.
Is there any product-name or product-ID for ordering from Wings West?

------------------
Have a Honda-experience every day!

Jon
'91 NSX for summer & '97 CR-V for winter

[This message has been edited by midNight Sun Xpress (edited 03 March 2003).]

Gene, I called WW today in hopes of getting one for that price. Paul at WW said that $250 was Comptech's cost for that wing. It is not in fact the price that WW would sell it to the public for. He is finding out Wing's West retail price for me & will getting back to me, I'll let everyone know.

gene,

nice looking nsx! good choice on mods.i guess i'm your twin on the east coast, 'cause i have the same rims and exhaust on a black nsx. shoot, we probably have the same tires too (toyo proxes t1-s). the only difference is that you have a targa and i have a sunroof. take care.

jay

Originally posted by QWKSLVR:
Gene, I called WW today in hopes of getting one for that price. Paul at WW said that $250 was Comptech's cost for that wing. It is not in fact the price that WW would sell it to the public for. He is finding out Wing's West retail price for me & will getting back to me, I'll let everyone know.

Any news? (price & product name/ID) I will definetly go for one if the cost of freight to Europe is not too bad.

------------------
car11.gif

Have a Honda-experience every day!

Jon
'91 NSX for summer & '97 CR-V for winter

First thing that came to my mind was "The Bat Mobile" ... i guess that's a compliment.

Hey FuryNSX... you got some serious competition now for baddest NSX on prime.
biggrin.gif

I have a Flow-Master Special with some aftermarket dual tips. I've posted on the "Do-It-Yourself" section discussing this exhaust. It sounds better than any exhaust I've heard on an NSX, better than a Tubi on a Ferrari 355, better than the Tubi on the NSX. IT'S THAT GOOD. And given the price of $300.00 to fabricate, it's a steal. Just my two cents.

Gene! I love your new NSX! I'll have to hear your new exhaust because the Tubi is #1 on my list. If your exhaust does indeed sound better than the Tubi IMO, $300 is definitely a steal!!!

Back