• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pics of Final (almost) Turbo

View

View

View

It was dark when I took these shots last night, so some didn't come out too clear.
I think this is looking MUCH better than the first pics of the prototype. Although there will be more cosmetic changes, this is the final overall design as far as tubing goes.
When seen in person, it is pretty close to the engine and further away from the glass than it looks. According to Larry, he has been running the protoype for over a year now with no effects on the glass hatch.

He wants opinions, so please post them here so I can pass them on. This design is similar to the GruppeM in design in that the tubing is above the engine. I know some want a stock look and do not like this. This kit is probably not for you. As for those who do not mind or like this look, please let me know so I can pass on the suggestions.
It was very dark and I was using a disposable camera. In person, it looked sharp, clean and shiny. All the lines were steel braided. The turbo, valves and almost eveything else was polished or brushed.
The design is low to the engine and looks like a vertical line across the top.
Unfortunately, Larry could not make the last meeting in time. However, Larry, Sinbad (the owner) and the car will be at the next monthly meeting at both Huntington Beach and Calabasas so more can see it in person.

Also, you may notice a gauge pointing in the wrong direction. Larry has been doing this at the request for some customers. It's angled so you can see it in your rear view mirror.

lol. That's just bad lighting. It's not really pink like that.
redface.gif

It is covered, as are the racing seats (we just took them off for the photos). Tgose seats are very expensive, carbon fiber Sparcos. I think they set him back $800 a piece.

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 24 October 2001).]

The preliminary dyno info was in my previous post about the turbo. They just finished this setup so they haven't taken it to the dyno yet. You can bet as soon as they have them I (or someone) will get them up.
His older prototype was putting out power in the 360s so I'm expecting the same.

We wouldn't have these problems if I already had mine.
biggrin.gif
Would have done it all by now.
Anyone want to donate to my turbo fund?
smile.gif

Justin, I will find out about the seats for you. Although the NSX embroidery is obviously custom.

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 24 October 2001).]

Originally posted by ilya:
Justin, I will find out about the seats for you. Although the NSX embroidery is obviously custom.

Thanks much.

Originally posted by ilya:
He wants opinions, so please post them here so I can pass them on.

So here is mine. Mr. Garcia is a respected member of the NSX community with a good idea, but in my opinion about 2 years late. This would have been a great option to the comptech blower, but I really dont see how he can compete with the Basch boost. His pricing is similar (probably more when you consider installation and tax (for Ca residents), his power numbers are less, and (IMO) all the snakes running around in the engine compartment is ugly. I would much rather have the stealthy kill ability like marc (speeddemon) with his stock looking twin turbo or the 400+rwhp stock looking basch boost.

Just my 2 cents.

[This message has been edited by justin hall (edited 24 October 2001).]

I agree with the post above but not totally till I see the dyno. From the picture the turbo looks pretty small so it may have a nice power curve. We will see though. Basically if he doesn't match or beat the power curve of the supercharger kit just let out, then he will have to match or beat the price. That may be tuff but we will see how much he is looking for from this setup!

Well, I propose that we have a dyno run off between the the Turbo and the Basch Supercharger on the same dyno. Anyone else want to see something like that?

Originally posted by justin hall:
So here is mine. Mr. Garcia is a respected member of the NSX community with a good idea, but in my opinion about 2 years late. This would have been a great option to the comptech blower, but I really dont see how he can compete with the Basch boost. His pricing is similar (probably more when you consider installation and tax (for Ca residents), his power numbers are less, and (IMO) all the snakes running around in the engine compartment is ugly. I would much rather have the stealthy kill ability like marc (speeddemon) with his stock looking twin turbo or the 400+rwhp stock looking basch boost.

Just my 2 cents.

[This message has been edited by justin hall (edited 24 October 2001).]

I think it is great that people are coming out with all these new products.

A dyno runoff might be interesting, but I think it would be more of an academic exercise because I think the two systems will appeal to different people. To do it in a manner anything close to meaninful you would also have to dyno each car stock, then with just the bare super/turbo at stock PSI, then with say super/turbo/other mods. I don't really see that happening.

My only other comment is that it looks like you will have to remove the turbo unit and some piping to do ANYTHING to the car, from adding coolant to changing spark plugs or adjusting valves, maybe even to jump start it. But if the price is right, that will probably be an attractive tradeoff for many people.

does the exhaust housing run off just one of the exhaust manifolds...if so then wouldnt that make the turbo somewhat laggy..why not put the turbo more under the engine and run piping between exhaust manfolds, then run the compressor side to an air to water intercooler then to the throttle body..

------------------
View

-1994 TT 6 Speed
-HKS VPC,EVC, Super Dragger Exhaust
-Spearco Front mount IC
-Rod Millen DP
-Sparco NSII viper 18's
-R.M. cross drilled rotors
-h.p.=? (0-blowjob in .7 seconds)
AIM=boomigotyomom

The Turbo runs using both sides of the manifolds.

Originally posted by sonik:
does the exhaust housing run off just one of the exhaust manifolds...if so then wouldnt that make the turbo somewhat laggy..why not put the turbo more under the engine and run piping between exhaust manfolds, then run the compressor side to an air to water intercooler then to the throttle body..

Originally posted by justin hall:
I would much rather have the stealthy kill ability like marc (speeddemon) with his stock looking twin turbo or the 400+rwhp stock looking basch boost.

smile.gif
Thanks Justin!

Ilya - do you have any other pics/angles of the piping attaching to the throttle body? It looks like the pipe is making a really hard turn to angle into the throttle body but I can't tell from the pictures.

Marc
97 NSX-T Twin Turbo

The pics I posted are all I have. However, he is going to be at both of the meetings next month you will get to see for yourself in Calabasas. The problem is that the meetings are always in the evening so it's dark and pics don't come out too well.

I have the original pics which are a lot clearer than the scans. If I see you before then I can bring them along.

Back