• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

pics of my new viper

My third Viper....I absolutely love them....

Ive been as fast as 11.8 at 122 mph in this one and just got back from running 1/4 miles but could only manage a 12.2 at 120 mph...

Thats what i love about them...A 12,2 at 120 mph is a slow run in these cars..But my other camaro's vette and even my supercharged nsx never came close to it's "slow" runs....My bbsc nsx ran 13.0 at 113 mph on 5 psi of boost

The car has a LONG hood though and isnt as fun to drive as the nsx with it's short snout that makes you feel like you are right by the road..

Handling on the 2003 and up SRT10's is very good..Mine has eibach springs though for better handling and my nsx has a tein suspension so i cant really say what handles better...

damn that thing looks awesome. Always loved the vipers. Convertable too. Sigh...

Too bad the nsx didn't work out. I have so much fun with mine.. though it took me about 25k in mods to get to stock viper HP levels! :rolleyes:

Is 2rsky with the vette the same 2rsky here who sold the 05 white NSX?

Yes...He had the white 05 and I have the black 1991..We did one or two cruises...

I was always amazed that the interior on the 91 and 2005 was pretty much the same...Shows how amazing of a desighn the nsx is

How about the cost to own them, reliability, etc. Any problems?
I've always liked the GTS. It's just a nice looking ride.

clutch job cost me $300 on the viper and over a grand on the nsx

-reliability is second to none. Vipers are made to go to a track/road course. Everything from the brakeing to engine is over the top and buttet proof..

My 2003 can handle 700 PLUS rwhp on the stock block..The 1996-1999 GTS has forged internals and can handle 900 PLUS rwhp on the stock block...

Very strong cars...

The GTS will barely out perform a 2002 405 HP C5Z06 on a road course stock for stock...A nsx is around dead even or a lil under a 405 HP C5Z06 on a road course stock for stock...

Of course this is with professionals driving..With amatures the nsx may out perform them both as it is easier to get 9/10's out of..

I had a 1999 viper before and to even get 7/10's out of the car you need to be an amazing driver...Car will kill you fast...

The 2003 and up SRT10's are amazing handling cars...Beating out 911TT's of the same year and even beating the C6Z06 on a few ocassions..

The SRT10 is much easier to drive fast than the GTS.......

Id personnaly recommend a SRT10 over a GTS unless you just like how the GTS looks much better

Nice, pics I saw them on the other forum first. Didn't know it was you as you don't have your cars in your sig over there.

How about the cost to own them, reliability, etc. Any problems?
I've always liked the GTS. It's just a nice looking ride.

The GTS's are bullet proof and have no problem areas. They are bare bones cars so there not many options or gadgets to break. The drivetrain is second to none and can handle almost anything.

Back