• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

picts of a custom turbo kit

Very nice Y-pipe

What turbo are you using?

I'm Planning to start my turbo kit soon but i really don't know what turbine i should use.
I found a garret gt35R its dual BB. I want to know if i could use this for my proyect. If not what turbine you guys recommend or what turbine is the perfect one for an non built engine.
turbo specs:
compressor wheel
inducer 61.4mm exducer 82mm// trim 56// A/R 0.70
Turbine Wheel
64mm// trim 82// A/R 0.63
Intake is 4'' /to4 housing/ outlet 2.5'' w/ 5 bolts//t3 flange// the chra is oil and water cooled.

Thanks!
Excessive your turbo kit looks great!:smile:

rough cost to fab that up, not including labor, which is the killer...

IC pipe $100-$125
IC (body) $300-$800
Y-pipe $100-$500 (depends on use of V-bads, premade merge, flange, etc etc.
Muffler $200-$350 depends on tips, V-bands, etc etc.

1500 TURBO
350 IC (air to air)
500 WG/BO
600 INJ
220 FUEL PUMP
1500 PIPEING <------
1500 MANAGEMENT
6170 TOTAL

I completely with ya except for this one... "$1500 for piping"!?!? What kinda pipes are u using bro!? Platinum plated titanium...lol. I would say $1000 for the piping (and that INCLUDES having someone weld them for you). Bringing your total down to ~$5700 in raw parts.

You built it yourself and didn't chop up the trunk and fill it with pipes? :biggrin: Maybe you should get a job working for a certain company that makes these sorts of things.

I completely with ya except for this one... "$1500 for piping"!?!? What kinda pipes are u using bro!? Platinum plated titanium...lol. I would say $1000 for the piping (and that INCLUDES having someone weld them for you). Bringing your total down to ~$5700 in raw parts.

considering i have built a couple of these now...and all the piping adds up WAY faster than you think, i would say $1500 in very very very close to what it ends up being, ALL in...not just 4 sticks of 2 inch stainless.

Cozmo, you do realize that many people (myself included) have done turbo systems without cutting out the trunk...
Did I have to do it that way, no... could i have made the same power with the trunk intact...yes
does it bother me? no
do i still have a trunk? yes

hey,

very nice designe and the piping looks clean and minimal.

thumbs + :smile:

Thank you for the compliments. we have alot of very extensive fab experiance and 01blacks4 is very close on most of the pricing. here is a pict of another car we built just cause i thought you guys would appreciate it.
1956 austin healy bugeye sprite
IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

What changes do you need to make to run the nsx on e85 or e100?

Thanks

What changes do you need to make to run the nsx on e85 or e100?

Thanks

Well you question doesn't say how much horse you are looking to do, but lets just say you are shooting for 400 hp.
At the very least a Walbro 255H highflow pump, triple the injector size, a stand-alone to control things, and you are ready to go. If you want to go for the 500+. Large -8 AN fuel supply lines with -6 AN return. High flow fuel pressure regulator. A1000 or bigger fuel pump, and around 1000cc or bigger injectors.

Is that what you were looking for as for the answer?

J. R.

Re: pics of a custom turbo kit

Well I have the CTSC hi boost. I think I already have the Walbro 255H highflow pump. So if I added the standalone AME and 3 times larger injectors I would be able to run E85?

Thanks

Re: pics of a custom turbo kit

Well I have the CTSC hi boost. I think I already have the Walbro 255H highflow pump. So if I added the standalone AME and 3 times larger injectors I would be able to run E85?

Thanks

Correct. Add the AEM and some huge injectors and you can run it.

J. R.

Just thinking about it cuz high gas prices and the higher Octane = more power :biggrin: Whats the price per gallon of e85 in cal?

any ideas

yeah higher gas price...but you need like 35% more fuel than gas...

i dont see how it is making more power either...seems like 8 pounds is 400hp with a turbo...e85 or gas

doesnt seem like a savings

Thanks

why would you want too kev?

Just thinking about it cuz high gas prices and the higher Octane = more power :biggrin: Whats the price per gallon of e85 in cal?

any ideas

Correct. Add the AEM and some huge injectors and you can run it.

J. R.

yeah higher gas price...but you need like 35% more fuel than gas...

i dont see how it is making more power either...seems like 8 pounds is 400hp with a turbo...e85 or gas

doesnt seem like a savings

Better intake air temps would be a good reason to go that route.. Then you could tune for it as well(be a bit more aggressive).

Better intake air temps would be a good reason to go that route.. Then you could tune for it as well(be a bit more aggressive).

sure i guess, but using this red car as an example...he isnt making any more power than anyone else with the 8psi....heck i think most people are reaching the 400mark with just 91........ so I guess i dont see the value....just added cost, and its not like you can find E85 everywhere...
JMO

Well you are only kinda of right on that... For one thing e85 is a dollar cheaper a gallon, its a much safer fuel to run since it is a higher octane, it costs absolutly no more for any of the parts and it would make much more power than 91 except that i was given a goal of 400whp and the motor has some very abused miles under its belt. I have built an e85 mustang that made 907 whp. at that level on say 91 oct i guarantee i would have had to stop around 750 whp.

Using the AME unit could I switch between e85 and reg 91? Would the AME tell the diff and make the timing changes automatically?
Also would I need 2 fuel pumps? or would 1 be ok?

Thanks

How do some of the new production cars run both? What is the detection mechanism to change pulse width and/or fuel pressure to increase the volume? What if you top off a tank of gas with e85 and have a mix? Not every fill up is on a dead empty tank.

We should probably create a new/dedicated E85 thread, and stop cluttering up the OP's thread :biggrin:.

Back