• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pictures of your cupholder

sjp

Registered Member
I was looking through the manual today and saw that there is supposed to be a cupholder in center console. my 1996 T doesn’t seem to have one. There are 2 holes in there where I think it is supposed to snap in., Does anyone have a picture of their cupholder that they can post. Also I’d like to order one but I’m not sure exactly what part number it is. Should I just call the local Acura dealer or is there another parts distributor you guys use that may be more economical. Thanks

83425-sl0-a90za

The stock cupholder is effectively worthless and poorly made; and is difficult to keep in its intended location. Honda should be ashamed for selling this part.

The only reason I have one is to have a "complete" car as I am concerned the part will go NLA.

s-l1600.jpg

Yes, it compresses down, but not very well. It will press up against the armrest either making it extremely difficult to close properly OR to keep closed. It has all the useful value of a trinket.

It is a poorly engineered part that does not perform as reasonably expected. Again: Honda should be ashamed...it's something Ford or GM would do in the 80's to "check a box".

I recommend just buying one and keeping it in the original bag. In JP they cost $85 and in the US they are $175, dealer price should be US$25. They are so overpriced and useless that they will likely be worth a small fortune in 20 years because everybody with any sense trashed them upon receipt.

I don't know if NSX's are going to go into concours mode like the Ferrari's...where the bits and bobs are worth a boatload and rented to other owners. I'm just wondering what a complete car phone will fetch in a dozen years. Or maybe this whole thing will fall apart as gasoline goes extinct and petrol cars become a paperweight.

(Note: My wife doesn't like being called The Cupholder, so I won't be posting a picture of her here. That is the only cupholder I use in the NSX. ;) )

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have mine somewhere....never used it...:redface:

cupholder.jpg

I have had this one for 15 years or so from ultimatecupholders.com. It works well for a large water bottle on a long trip.

for water bottles in the bee I just let them slide down between the passenger seat and the harness bar vertical bar...

>I tried ordering the cupholder and they refunded my money saying the part is no longer available

I just ordered mine from Amayama a couple of months ago without issue. Did you use the link in my post?

Based on the Tacoma cupholder, I bet the BMW E46/E36 cupholder will work just as well.

and finally, apparently, drinking boba and using something spelled similar as a cupholder is a thing is Japan.

I just ordered mine from Amayama a couple of months ago without issue. Did you use the link in my post?
I did and it worked fine. Thanks for the link. WAY cheaper than US sources. Pretty good deal on Zanardi shift knobs too.

Based on the Tacoma cupholder, I bet the BMW E46/E36 cupholder will work just as well.

If you are talking about the ones that were USDM installed in E46s, I wouldn't bet on the BMW one working well for long. The plastic is easily brittled, and the spring loaded ears are worthless after not much time.

I did and it worked fine. Thanks for the link. WAY cheaper than US sources. Pretty good deal on Zanardi shift knobs too.

If you are talking about the ones that were USDM installed in E46s, I wouldn't bet on the BMW one working well for long. The plastic is easily brittled, and the spring loaded ears are worthless after not much time.

I didn't use your link. I used the acuraoemparts link. I'll try yours.

So I ordered the cup holder from Amayama the other day and today I recieved a reply that the cup holders are not available from their manufacturer. FYI

Interesting. Mine shows as in transit from Osaka due to arrive early next week.

Back