• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Official Trailer

Yeah I thought 2 and 3 were so so. However I still went to see them, and will probably go see this as well. I do like the fact that there are new folks around Sparrow, if the story is good, then it will be a refreshing movie as opposed to a rehashed movie with the same old characters. :smile:

The movie was filmed in my back yard, in Kaneohe Bay. Rumor has it that they will be filming 2 more POTC movies at the same time next summer in our back yard. My wife and I were lounging on our floating deck, when we saw the black pearl come around the bend:eek:

I was able to get some cool picks of Depp and the boat.

Looks like we will have choked traffic again.

In case anyone wants to see the filming next year, they will be doing a majority of the filming at Heeia Pier/Harbor in Kaneohe Bay.

Last edited:
The movie was filmed in my back yard, in Kaneohe Bay. Rumor has it that they will be filming 2 more POTC movies at the same time next summer in our back yard. My wife and I were lounging on our floating deck, when we saw the black pearl come around the bend:eek:

I was able to get some cool picks of Depp and the boat.

Looks like we will have choked traffic again.

In case anyone wants to see the filming next year, they will be doing a majority of the filming at Heeia Pier/Harbor in Kaneohe Bay.
Budget cuts led to the 4th installment being filmed in Hawaii and England, as opposed to the caribbean. I would love to see the pics you got...

Budget cuts led to the 4th installment being filmed in Hawaii and England, as opposed to the caribbean. I would love to see the pics you got...

Budget cuts were the best thing they could do as a result of the massive budgets of the 2nd and 3rd films. I saw the rumors about the 5th and 6th films but don't know how they're going to play out. Depp said this would be his last one after that executive at Disney (the one that supported his take on the character) was fired. He was really disappointed with that event, but who knows, he may change his mind.

Back