• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"Platinum White" = Ivory?

When removing the door sill garnish in my car, the plastic frame under the Ivory vinyl/leather crumbled in my hands. :eek: It was clear whoever last tried to remove it did not know there was a screw holding it in and just pried on the thing until it cracked. Knowing that many Ivory interior parts are no longer available, I cautiously went to Acura of Peoria looking for a replacement. They list 84251-SL0-A01ZB (NH208L Platinum White) as the replacement and it appears to actually be in stock!

Before I pull the trigger though, is this going to match my Ivory trim? I though Platinum White was the 2002+ white interior color? Or, did Honda just rename Ivory?

When removing the door sill garnish in my car, the plastic frame under the Ivory vinyl/leather crumbled in my hands. :eek: It was clear whoever last tried to remove it did not know there was a screw holding it in and just pried on the thing until it cracked.
Where is the screw located? I was able to remove both my door sill garnishes by pulling them up. I don't remember seeing any screws.

It's a different color (a bright white, rather than a beige). It's listed as the replacement because it's the closest thing still available.

Back