• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

PlayStation Network Hacked....

I having some real trouble getting on I keep getting some error code. I clicked on forgot password and Im waiting for some email to come. My friend lives 3 houses down and had no problems at all. I wonder if its because I have a 60 G playstation also?

Well, the good news is that PSN is finally back online.

The bad news is that the mandatory System Update that accompanied PSN's return fried my 60GB PS3 (one of the original phat models). Talk about bad timing! My faith in everything Sony has never been tested more than by the events of this past month.

In the meantime, I am backing up my 80GB PS3 before I attempt to update it.

I have the lesser 30Gb, but i think I'll back up before I update as well.

Thanks for the good info on this!

P

I having some real trouble getting on I keep getting some error code. I clicked on forgot password and Im waiting for some email to come. My friend lives 3 houses down and had no problems at all. I wonder if its because I have a 60 G playstation also?

I have a 60GB model and didn't have any issue. For me, as soon as the PS3 logged in, it immediately asked me for a new password which I entered. I did not need to receive an email.

I have a 60GB model and didn't have any issue. For me, as soon as the PS3 logged in, it immediately asked me for a new password which I entered. I did not need to receive an email.

My friend helped me out with the problem. I just had to reset my router. Then I just had to reset my password like you. I guess its good to post this just in case others might have a problem.

I had no problem updating my 80GB PS3...and I could directly enter my new password on the first attempt to log in, but my wife was sent an e-mail when I attempted to update her account.

So now I just need to take care of my dead 60GB unit. It was obviously a coincidence that it died during the update, but still frustrating!

PSN attacked again via password exploits:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...-passwords-exploited-accounts-compromised.ars

PSNemail-thumb-640xauto-21857.jpg

WTH is going on?

I tried using my netflix streaming via PS3 and it won't work without logging into the PSN.

:mad:

Good think playstation isn't in charge of any 'cloud' networks.
People would be out of business before they could get their servers back online.

WTH is going on?

I tried using my netflix streaming via PS3 and it won't work without logging into the PSN.

Uh...that's always been the case (though, while PSN was down, I noticed I could work around this by simply attempting to log on a few times).

Uh...that's always been the case (though, while PSN was down, I noticed I could work around this by simply attempting to log on a few times).

Sorry i'm not glued to my PS3 24/7. :biggrin:

Back