• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Please, anyone in Saint Louis help! This is serious....FRAUD

len3.8 said:
I will post much more detail in a few hours, for I have to catch a flight in an hour. I paid $32,000 via wire to a guy in Saint Louis named Tom. I paid $1,700 for my transporter to pickup the car, in which he waited for 2 days at the guy's place of business. In the end, he took off with the car and my money and said the deal is off! My transporter, Almond exotic transporters, had to leave after wasting almost 2 days waiting in the parking lot. Please, I need a good lawyer in the state! Any info is greatly appreciated.

So at the 32K wasn't this "Slime", Person of Fraud, within the price range, even with the snap ring issue? This car was clean. It would need detailing and a ding fixed but the car was clean. I see the Big MUCK UP people including the stealer made with the Vin#, Still don't understand how it was missed so many times.

I also don't understand the mayday and slander that went along with the posts. The urgency seemed to have been working itself out behind the scenes. He is out his $$$'s for premature e-truckulation, (transport company) Due diligence would have prevented that, most definitely not the sellers total fault.

The guy sends him back his $$$'s and , there are still slanderous posts on this sight about him. Not that I am a fan of the seller, He has done nothing to me either.
If someone else is interested in this car they may be turned off from looking at it, Due to all of the Slander posted. I feel that it is a nice car.

And at 31.5k if I were looking for a 91-92, this would truly be a car I would consider if all of the Paperwork and actual owner were present.

IMHO, and I am not reading too much into this,You (Danny) Really need to slow down and take your time with your inquiries and purchase practices. You are wasting peoples time and $$$$'s, throwing your own dollars away, and maybe casting doubt on the wrong people. Your posts dictate how people may handle dealings on your behalf when you are asking them to vouch for you by proxy.

This guy was approached by 3-5 different people, who were stringing him along for information. Each time he was taken out of his place of business to do so. I am guilty of doing this to him myself, all because it was made to sound that you were taken for your $$$$'s. Others had gotten information through resources and were poised to give you that info based on the tone of your post. Fellow NSXan had been ripped in our home town, Let's help him out.

This is the Grown up world, you need to act as a grown up. People don't have time to go back and forth with you and your impulses.
Get your ass on a plane, bus, train, hell or a bike and go look at the next car yourself. Then you will have all the info there in front of you to make a much more informed purchase decision.

JMO

Lesson Learned.....

NSXVetteViperSupra said:
Hi All,

As far as the mix-up with Xscape, well, what can I say? My cell antenna was broken a few days prior in which, I had tapped it up until I found time to get a replacement. I did attempt to call Xscape and notify him I was lost and was not going to make it before sundown. My cell would not dial out or receive calls in the area I was in. I lost a few hours, and I did notify Sam (Xscape) via email upon my return. So, I am sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you want, I will pay you for your lost time, for I have paid for everything else; what the hell is the difference........

Seems like theres always an excuse. Cell phone broken? how about a pay phone? Xscape stated you emailed him 2 days later? Were you lost for 2 days? The nsx community is very small, i would be careful not to burn too many bridges during your ownership. One day you might want to sell yours and itll sure suck if someone did the same thing to you.

Back