• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Please share your Nsx purchase experience

RX0

Registered Member
So, tomorrow is the day of picking up my Nsx. It was by far the worst purchasing experience from the beginning. I ask the sales person who
Sold me my first car in 1994 and he talk me not to install every option I ask. Don't do the door sills because it is not worth to take the interior apart. Not to put the wheel lock because i won't leave it in an unsafe place. I ask for the wheel and tire insurance and they try not to discuss it. I'm so pissed that I don't even so want the car anymore. I purchased

It’ll be fine. You’re getting a fantastic car! Don’t let the sales guy diminish your experience. Once you get it and go for a few drives all will be quickly forgotten.

And you can buy any of that later, even more with vendors here. I added the wheel locks after I got it and put them on myself. Super easy.

For me I bought my car sight unseen. Never went to the dealer. Had a good friend who moves cars pick it up and deliver it (enclosed trailer), with all factory covers, etc. I took off the window sticker and seat covers. Like it was right off the truck - after it sat at the dealer for over a year.

Last edited:
dumb salesman, talking people out of buying things THEY want. *facepalm*

regardless of dealership experience, you'll love the NSX. Once you hit the freeway, you'll be smiling again. :)

Dealers...

I had a great experience. Did the deal over the phone, flew to Dallas to pick it up with my dad. We went to Austin for F1 and drove back to Iowa. The owner of the dealership even came in to see me off and take a picture. I told them I wanted to buy a car cover and they gave it as a gift.

Now ask me about Motorwerks in Barrington, IL, and buying my wife's Infiniti a few months ago. Ugh.

Once you get behind the wheel you'll forget about the dealer. It's a fantastic car. Hopefully you find a good one to service it.

My experience was super easy. Literally in and out. Salesman was pretty knowledgeable and quite friendly. Kept telling me about the NSX lounge. I too bought mine in Dallas, at Goodson Acura.

Just drive the thing and enjoy it. It’s a fantastic car.

At my dealership, it was the finance guy who offered the wheel and tire insurance.

It was $1500 for 5 years (much cheaper than I hear most exotic car policy cost). This was the first time I took one of these plans. So far only one cut tire replaced at their expense in 3 years so not a win for me.

So, tomorrow is the day of picking up my Nsx. It was by far the worst purchasing experience from the beginning. I ask the sales person who
Sold me my first car in 1994 and he talk me not to install every option I ask. Don't do the door sills because it is not worth to take the interior apart. Not to put the wheel lock because i won't leave it in an unsafe place. I ask for the wheel and tire insurance and they try not to discuss it. I'm so pissed that I don't even so want the car anymore. I purchased
Update?

My dealer is on Long Island NY. I got the car and it is totally different than my 02 nsx
Need to spend time to know the new feature and one thing I still like it is that it is simple and easy to use the feature.

congrats,,,,what is your feeling on those wheels?....also if you have the time try to make nsxpo in DC next week.

20190826_080624[1].jpgMy NSX experience has been fantastic. I've put over 15,000 km on the car since February 19th, 2019. I have two sets of wheels for the car and drive it all year round in Saskatchewan, Canada. It was -17C with a wind chill of -22C this morning!!! My red wheel set are the original Contis, and my Fuchia set are wrapped in Pirelli Sottozero 3's and are currently fitted to the car. It is amazing in all weather conditions and has not had one problem. I couldn't ask for a better car...period. Absolutely love it. 20191019_143931[1].jpg20190803_191831[1].jpg20190516_200739[1].jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 163063My NSX experience has been fantastic. I've put over 15,000 km on the car since February 19th, 2019. I have two sets of wheels for the car and drive it all year round in Saskatchewan, Canada. It was -17C with a wind chill of -22C this morning!!! My red wheel set are the original Contis, and my Fuchia set are wrapped in Pirelli Sottozero 3's and are currently fitted to the car. It is amazing in all weather conditions and has not had one problem. I couldn't ask for a better car...period. Absolutely love it. View attachment 163061View attachment 163062View attachment 163064

^ That’s awesome.

Back