• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

POLL : Getting my car wrapped soon, pls help with colors...

3m 1080 color options

• Glossy Bright Orange

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Matte Orange

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Glossy Blue Metallic

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Matte Blue Metallic

• Glossy Intense Blue

• Total voters
hi guys

i have owned my nsx for almost a year now and so far it was a pleasure for the most part of it :)

now, i have got a chance to get it wrapped, and really need your help on deciding the colors.

i have 5 colors in mind :
- glossy bright orange
- matte orange
- glossy blue metallic
- matte blue metallic
- glossy intense blue

the car is NA1 with a wings west front lip, sideskirts and end caps - currently on factory dark green color - the roof will be gloss carbon fibre wrapped

here is a picture BEFORE the wings west kit
NSXGlossMasters_zpse9b90618.jpg

i always want the glossy bright orange since i saw the factory imola orange nsx but now i'm scared that the color is not quite the same

could you please help me decide which one would be best to go ?

thanks heaps

Last edited:
I vote none....... the reason, I just built my Imola well it was orignally wrapped white. when i was peeling off the white wrap on some of the parts the wrap had eating into the OEM paint and peeled
chunks off like 7-8 inch long and 3 inch wide of paint in sections it didnt matter cuz I was painting the car Imola but just to warn you your badass green NSX you have in that pic will not look like that when you finally take the wrap off. your gonna need a whole new paint job.

so with that said my vote is NONE of the above.

my 2 cents. looks good now, hurt your wallet later and cry cuz it now had to have a respray. not good.

What does it cost to fully wrap your car?

You will cringe every time you pop the hatch or open your trunk and see the old color. Have your car's paint professionally corrected.

Get it professionally detailed.....paint correction if necessary but stay with original factory color. I LIKE it the way it is (but detail it)

Your car is awesome the way it is. I vote none. If your paint was already in bad shape that would be a different story and I'd say go for it. Then it's whatever color pleases you. These cars are rare and if you have one that looks as nice as yours with minimal mods, you should be proud of it. That said, it's your car and your money, you can do anything you want with it. I'm just giving you my .02. But remember Shawn's .02 is worth $1.37 here.

I'm with everyone else. Pay to have someone clay it, polish it, seal it and then wax it. Pay a professional who takes a lot of pride in his work. It will breath an entirely new life into your paint that you didn't think possible.

When I brought my White NA1 in to have it done, I thought it was in relatively good shape already. I was doing it more as a preventative maintenance thing... Boy was I surprised how much deeper it was and how much it shined when it was done. I got a friend discount, but it only ran me about $220 and the guy used all ChemicalGuys.com products (which are good stuff) and he sealed it 3 times.

I'd venture to say at least have that done first and see if you aren't still fond. Corrected paint makes a HUGE difference of your cars overall appearance. Now, after he did that to my car I notice how many swirls and issues other vehicles have almost immediately.

I agree. I have seena couple of wrapped cars and although I always think about doing, it doesn't carry the depth or glass look like well prepped paint does. If you want to do it just cause your bored, save your money, detail it and maybe do some other mods

The ONLY thing I would consider getting wrapped would be my black roof and pillars. IF it was crazy cheaper than professional paint.

Your car is awesome the way it is. I vote none. If your paint was already in bad shape that would be a different story and I'd say go for it. Then it's whatever color pleases you. These cars are rare and if you have one that looks as nice as yours with minimal mods, you should be proud of it. That said, it's your car and your money, you can do anything you want with it. I'm just giving you my .02. But remember Shawn's .02 is worth $1.37 here.
I concur.^^^

I vote none....... the reason, I just built my Imola well it was orignally wrapped white. when i was peeling off the white wrap on some of the parts the wrap had eating into the OEM paint and peeled
chunks off like 7-8 inch long and 3 inch wide of paint in sections it didnt matter cuz I was painting the car Imola but just to warn you your badass green NSX you have in that pic will not look like that when you finally take the wrap off. your gonna need a whole new paint job.

so with that said my vote is NONE of the above.

my 2 cents. looks good now, hurt your wallet later and cry cuz it now had to have a respray. not good.

Shawn, What panels did that happen to on that car? All the red oem panels were peeled except for what was under the spoiler. If you are talking about the sideskirts and front lip those parts were never painted. When we removed the white wrap there was absolutely no damage under it.

We wrap cars on a daily basis. Unless the car being wrapped was repainted and not done very well it will NOT harm the paint underneath in any way. I've had wrapped cars for going on 3 years that had zero oem paint damage under the vinyl.

Just want to clear this up. If this happened there wouldn't be so much of it going on in the automotive world.

I would like to see Chrome. That should be an option. :biggrin:

What is this a brooklands green support group? I understand where he is coming from though. I too want to change the color of my car very badly.

Another Brooklands Green here (although in England it's called Charlotte Green). I also didn't like the colour at first, and have wondered about wrapping.

Just checked that and it looks good as a photo on a screen at least. Did you ever get around to taking photos to show the door shuts/etc? The guy who quoted for wrapping mine said that the curves revealed in the door aperture, for example, would most likely have several visible seams after the job was done.

Maybe it is just because one of my best friend's family owns an autobody shop, but for what some of these wraps cost, you can damn near repaint the car professionally, especially if you have to take it apart like most suggest... But then again I get my paint work done for the cost of materials and I do all the prep work (entire racecar ran me less than $500 to paint), granted it was cheaper paint and single stage - but it lives inside a garage and/or trailer and will never see rain, ever...

Either way, think even if I had them do the NSX start to finish it would run me maybe $3,000... I think a lot of places must see the car and think to themselves "We're gonna hit this guy for the luxury "tax" since he's got a nice car", or something...

I wrapped my car because I wanted a new look for the year without having it permanent. When I am done with it, I can remove the wrap and still have my Silver NSX underneath without any damage to the paint. Also it will not devalue my car because I now just changed colors.

no wrap +1 on the full paint correction!

When you see that pearl in the sunlight without any swirls in the way and under 3 coats of blackfire wet diamond sealant and 2 coats of caranuba:biggrin: you will be in love once again!

Back