• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Poll: Which one would you get?

Originally posted by Tyus:
Runutzzz, I didn't mean to offend owners with green NSX's. I think green is a cool color too. I am just saying that the guy who had a green NSX had a very hard time selling it. It took him about 4 months to sell it. The owner's green NSX was immaculate! It was just that green seemed in my opinion a color that is hard to sell. I believe they don't even make anymore green NSX's after 1996
frown.gif
. That might be a reason they stop making that particular color. But still, to each is on.

[This message has been edited by Tyus (edited 08 April 2000).]

I know, you didn't offend me!
smile.gif
it's personal preferance, some people like pink!
smile.gif
I just this green is better that red, black, or white. I bought my car before even driving a NSX, before even checking the car out!
smile.gif
It was the right price and the right options! I LOVE my green it's not 'as' common!

My advice? Save your money and buy a '97 plus. Any color, it doesn't matter (yellow is my preference) six speed (my preference 3.2 engine, more power, sweet gearbox) or automatic (just comfy all around). 97+ cars are better and not that more expensive - definitely worth it!

Hopefully, JChoice will be able to look at the green NSX for me this weekend. If the car is good, I'll probably get the BRG one. The black one has been sold for $45k. I just called him yesterday. Oh well.
frown.gif

Funny thing...I saw the black (Trisoft) one tooling around today in Newport Beach. With those rims, it's pretty hard to miss. Glad to see the new owner's out having fun already...

If you don't mind higher mileage, Car Gallerie in Costa Mesa has a pair of very clean '91s -- one red, one black, both around 80k miles and priced in the mid $30's. They sold a black '92 this week, and a black '91 with 30k miles for $38k about a month ago. It's now in their shop getting a serious dose of RM Racing -- NOS included.

Their number is 714-435-1115. Talk to Sebastian or Barbara Lee.

DC Motors in Anaheim Hills often has a newer one or two floating around. You'll find their listings in the Orange County Sports Car Trader (a great source for SoCal NSXes) at ocautotrader.com.

Good Luck!

Now, I am worried... I recently bought a '95 green NSX with a tan interior - mint condition. How difficult is it really going to be to sell it? I plan to hold on to it for a while since I really enjoy driving it. I decided on a green one because you rarely see that color. It's a gorgeous car. On a side note, and being a new owner, have any of you experienced a high pitched, sort of winding sound in 1st and 2nd gear? Is this normal? It does it only on occasion. I want to make sure nothing is wrong. Thanks!

I checked out the Goldfarb NSX and emailed a report of it over to Kenji.

By no means is it a jewel in terms of interior condition, exterior is in good shape, engine needs a good steaming - otherwise, nothing's wrong with it.

Karen, don't worry about it! I saw a green '94 sold in one month here in Sacramento and there is a red '95 T that has been going from dealer to dealer for about 6 months and there are no buyers for it. My new '99 (yellow) sat at the dealer for 8 months before I came and bought it. Now, on the noise issue in first and second, I would have it checked out.

JChoice, I really appreciate your help looking at the car. I'm going to be calling my bank etc, to get the deal closed this week. I also talked to the owner of the red '91 from the post 4 up from this one.
Here are the pictures of it:
nsxingarage.jpg

nsxingarage2.jpg

He is asking $33k. What would you do? I am looking to save as much money as possible.

I agree with Andrie - in the photo the front bumper doesn't seems to match the rest of the paint. But it could just be the digital camera (most don't handle red very well).

If it has been repainted it's probably more than just rock chips since that piece is plastic and small rocks that will chip the hood don't tend to damage it.

But then again if all that's wrong with it was a light fender-bender I wouldn't let that turn me off buying it. You can have the nose repainted to match properly for a couple hundred bucks.

Or maybe in person it's fine anyway.

Kenji:

Would you buy a damn car already!
smile.gif

You know how I feel about green and especially tan interiors so I'm the wrong guy to ask. Factor in some $ for nice aftermarket wheels since the 91 wheels are rather small and aren't nearly as nice as the 97 polished or aftermarket wheels.

Also, is it in the snap ring range? Have the window regulators been done? You wouldn't have to worry about that on the 94 - at the same time, you're saving over $7,000 - or $X amount per month on your payment. Also - did you check with your lender to see if you get a better interest rate on a 94? When I checked, I was able to get a sub 8% rate if I purchase a 94 or newer car and a 12% rate if I purchased anything older.

Sorry, JCHoice. I AM getting the green one!
smile.gif
I'll talk to the bank about the interest rate. I really appreciate your help and I'll call you before I come down there to pick it up.

Attachments

• untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 2
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1
Kenji:

Keep in mind that the percentage rate I got was based on old rates - a few rate hikes back. Also, I don't belong to a credit union or anything but I do have very good credit.

Kenji,

Did you get the Green and Tan this weekend?

Goldfarb e-mailed me today. It was a very gracious note aknowledging that he may not have handled our deal in the right manner.

I have to say, that his car was in good condition and the green is beautiful in the sunlight. It's not an auto by the way. You made reference to that in connection to the engine.

Ultimately, I would not put Goldfarb's character in question when evaluating the purchase. He is skittish about not getting his money. And yes, Green is a bit harder to sell. But imo the green will be more of a collector's item in the long run.

Bottom line, just go for it. I'm starting to wish I had. (Mine is a jewel, but has 66K)

Marc

------------------
94 Red & Tan NSX. One of 35 made that year.

Just thought I'd get my 2 cents worth in regarding the "best colour" controversy.....Just got a green/tan 95 NSX-T.It's actually the 2nd NSX I've owned, the first was a silver/black 91.
In my opinion, silver is by far and away the best looking colour for the car....just stunning. I thought it was particularly well suited to the NSX, really brought out the blunt edges on the car. When I first went to see my newest NSX-T, I was very hesitant due to the colour, never having been a fan of any green, ewwwwwww!!!!
But I have to tell you, WOW!! this car is simply gorgeous....the paint virtually glows in the sun .....its dark green often being mistaken for black in dim lighting. I never thought I would appreciate a green anything, but I was sold from the first glance.The fact that its one of the "limited run" colours makes it all the more rare and
precious.
All that being said, black is usually my favorite colour for ANY car (in spite of the difficulty to keep clean aspect), but I feel in the case of the NSX it places a distant third..

Attachments

• y30lcudxxqqo2ahldmjn.jpg
    y30lcudxxqqo2ahldmjn.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 1
Kenji,

This is pretty funny, I was just going over this forum and haven't visited in a while and came accross your thread. I have to assume that you are the same guy I/we met this weekend at Macaroni Grill. I registered with this forum just to say that I hope you had a good time and look forward to seeing you again! (BTW, I was the first guy you met when you walked into the restaurant.)

Kevin

Kevin I sat across from Kenji at lunch and it wasn't until we were just about done that I realized it was the same guy as on this post. BTW, it was fun to see you again.

[This message has been edited by ChopsJazz (edited 06 June 2000).]

Back