• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Poll - Worst Plates

Ok what is the worst plate?

My wife was sitting in my NSX while I ran in the store tonight to get some last minute things before the big day. Upon my return my wife says look at that Lexus 470!

I'm like looking and don't see anything special just a big expensive SUV.... she says no you dummy the plate - "Pre IPO". I said ok so what... then she jabs me in the ribs and points to the windows - FOR SALE.

I didn't have my digital camera or I would have taken a picture of it.

So here's the question for the poll.... What's the worst plate you've seen?

I recall reading a hilarious story on one of the VW message boards a while back...

A Honda Civic with fake Type R badges pasted on it and an aftermarket exhaust was sitting at a drive-thru reving his engine for everyone to hear. When suddenly either he got impatient or just wanted to show off, he left the drive-thru line screaming as fast as he could past everyone.

His license plate read 4U2ENVY.

I almost hate to ask, because I will most likley feel stupid, but I don't get what PreIPO is...

Also, off the topic, but I did see a really nicley thought out plate on a vette, had a "shifting color" paint job and his plate read ELUSION.

Pre IPO generally is a reference to a company that VC funded (Venture Capital)and has it's dreams hung on going public or acqusition. IT used to be the in thing to say, but with tough markets, not so great any more. The For Sale sign is on the car may be an indicator this guys lifestyle has to change....possibly due to his company running out of money. I am in Sales for a VC funded company and am all to familiar with the effects of tough markets.

Gotcha, thanks for the info. I don't feel so ignorant anymore
smile.gif

I thought it was funny because it was "pre" IPO and this person had $70k+ car. I wanted to see PostIPO. I've done a few startups myself and usually the money is after IPO (about 18 months later with taxes).

Back