• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pop-Up vs. No Pop-Up headlights!

Which style Headlight do you like most?

• Total voters
Did you consider taking the lights apart and painting the surround body-color ala Type R headlights?

like this: only LBBP instead of white.

sstp_0906_07xx_z+acura_nsx_rr_mugen+type_r_headlamps.jpg

Nope, I never considered that. I'm not fond of that look.

I was in the market to buy an Nsx a few years ago and only knew of the pop ups. One look at the fixed headlight changed my decision from flip ups to fixed. The flip ups look great when down and I may buy a 97-01 to go along with my 03.

I think it's true that the fixed headlights make the car look like a more updated vehicle but it also seems to lose some of the angular lines of the early cars. I vote for the pop up headlights.

What are the difference in early model vs late model interiors?

I gotta have my pop...ups

They're era correct to when the car was designed and I prefer the look of them over the fixed headlights. (this is true with most any "flip up" headlights on other cars as well)

Oh man! The picture below looks really cool. To bad it didnt let out enough light. If it was any colors I probably wouldnt be all about it. I have this really bad blue problem. lol

Attachments

• IMG_2352blue_headlts.jpg
    IMG_2352blue_headlts.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 368
Oh man! The picture below looks really cool. To bad it didnt let out enough light. If it was any colors I probably wouldnt be all about it. I have this really bad blue problem. lol

Me too! I own three blue cars and the NSX Long Beach Blue Pearl is the most perfect blue I've ever seen on any car. Of course the NSX itself is my dream car.

What are the difference in early model vs late model interiors?

You need to go to the photo section and look at some, or better still when you go to some car meets check one out but the late models have a different stitching inside and the vinyl looks more like leather and the seat center sections are perforated and they have a different foam and seem a little more puffed up. Not real perceptable on the seats but I notice it. They feel different than my 91s - the console plastic and that around the door stuff is silver looking instead of dark grey shiny stuff. Looks more like metal. The stick knob is different but it's mainly that stitching on the vinyl - looks great! That's the only thing I miss about the late models - oh and the 3.2 with the 6 speed. If I put that 3.2/6 speed in my coupe it would be a definite improvement! Would be like a Zanardi almost.

I prefer the Pop ups. But I would be willing to sell mine for a LBBP or SerialNSX's NSX Type RR.:wink:

I worked at Acura when the 2002 fixed headlights came out. I didn't like them then, & I still don't. Not to bash, but they reminded me of the Mitsubishi 3000 GT headlights way too much. I really wasn't too keen on the rest of the front end revisions either...YMMV.

FTR: I'm in between cars now, but when I'm ready, I'm be going after a pop-up version again.

Did you consider taking the lights apart and painting the surround body-color ala Type R headlights?

like this: only LBBP instead of white.

Check out post #9 in this thread http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133783

As you have the 3.2, why not just swap lights, sills, valence and keep the pop ups ... its what I've done. Its all OEM, reversible and keeps the classic look IMO.

regards, Paul

Just get one of each :wink:

I prefer the pop-up's, old school in a very good way for sure!

Brian

Attachments

• 2 NSX Avatar.jpg
    2 NSX Avatar.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 450
i guess i never found anything intrinsically attractive about headlights......the exposed headlights made the nsx look more common imho.......
now the later front fascia.......that was a nice improvement......

When I was looking for an nsx several years ago, I wanted an '02 because of the flush lights. I felt the pop-ups were very dated looking.

This is exactly why I opted for my 2004 (or, one of the main reasons). The pop-ups are to "90's" for me and I had that back in 96 with the MR2. I also liked the front bumper MUCH better as well as the taillights.

i guess i never found anything intrinsically attractive about headlights......the exposed headlights made the nsx look more common imho.......
now the later front fascia.......that was a nice improvement......

You may love this: :biggrin:

P1020805.jpg

Last edited:
Just get one of each :wink:

I prefer the pop-up's, old school in a very good way for sure!

Brian

Oh ok! So you ended up with the love fab turbo NSX that was for sale a while back? Jealous this guy! I couldnt believe how fast that car sold. It seemed like in a week BOOM! Gone!

If your buying a car because on the headlights get a BMW or Audi.

94 or earlier = lighter weight and manual steering. My Fave.
95-97 transition
97+ 3.2 and 6 speed.

Oh ok! So you ended up with the love fab turbo NSX that was for sale a while back? Jealous this guy! I couldnt believe how fast that car sold. It seemed like in a week BOOM! Gone!
Yes, we were lucky to be able to put something together with Cody in a relatively short timeframe.
We're bringing it to NSXPO, so that should be fun ;^D

Brian

fixed head light dont work on this car because when then designed the car they designed it with pop up head lights. The cars design was around that. 02 lights just a cheap quick fix to try to give the car another look. If they were going to design the nsx with fixed lights back then. The fenders, hood and bumper would have been different.

fixed head light dont work on this car because when then designed the car they designed it with pop up head lights. The cars design was around that. 02 lights just a cheap quick fix to try to give the car another look. If they were going to design the nsx with fixed lights back then. The fenders, hood and bumper would have been different.

They did change the hood and bumpers and fenders lol, I suppose just to fit. I also went with the more modern look. I like either look but perfer the 02+ as its not just the lights, its the hood, the front bumper, door panels and rockers, tail lights. I guess you could put all those parts on a car but it would take time and money. I dont think it was a cheap fix, if you call it a fix at all. The car is perfect, timless design. Why would you completely change the body of a car that is imo flawless if you can just update the headlights? I wanted to do fixed headlights on the FD Rx-7 I had cause it just looked sick as hell.

Back