• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Porsche forum - advice

Well my wife just purchased a new 718 Boxster S. First time I've ever thought of even considering having a Porsche in the garage. Being involved with NSX Prime for umpteen years, I know there are a few P-Car owners among us. Any advice on a Porsche forum that exists which could be at least half as good as Prime? I'd like to learn more about the car and the community.

Cheers!
Shaun

And yes, I still own an NSX! :)

Pelican Parts has/had a great forum, much like NSX Prime in almost every detail. It had a huge following, good advice from members and a good marketplace. It has been a while since I checked in, but it was a great site when I had Porsches.

Well my wife just purchased a new 718 Boxster S. First time I've ever thought of even considering having a Porsche in the garage. Being involved with NSX Prime for umpteen years, I know there are a few P-Car owners among us. Any advice on a Porsche forum that exists which could be at least half as good as Prime? I'd like to learn more about the car and the community.

Cheers!
Shaun

And yes, I still own an NSX! :)

www.rennlist.com
www.planet-9.com

FWIW: Pelican Parts is good for old school P-cars, not so much for the latest and greatest.

Thanks guys!

I will be looking for a set of Porsche rims and winter tires for the 718 Boxster S. So if anyone has a lead, feel free to send it my way.

Shaun

Last edited:
Pelican

Probably true. I was only interested in air-cooled Porsches. Still, a good site and free. Rennlist had a subscription IIRC.

Probably true. I was only interested in air-cooled Porsches. Still, a good site and free. Rennlist had a subscription IIRC.

FYI: Rennlist has a subscription requirement to create posts in the marketplace section when selling parts or vehicles. There are no requirements to join as a forum member, been a member of Rennlist since back in 2004. I only pay the subscription when I have vehicles or parts to sell on the marketplace.

Hope you've joined the Porsche Club of America (PCA).
They send a monthly mag (the Panorama) to members that is World Class.
H-

Last edited:
FYI: Rennlist has a subscription requirement to create posts in the marketplace section when selling parts or vehicles. There are no requirements to join as a forum member, been a member of Rennlist since back in 2004. I only pay the subscription when I have vehicles or parts to sell on the marketplace.

I chose Rennlist and just did the free subscription. Site seems knowledgeable and fairly easy to navigate. Thanks!

Hope you've joined the Porsche Club of America (PCA).
They send a monthly mag (the Panorama) to members that is World Class.
H-

Good advice. I don't plan to get involved in the P-car world, but I'll let the wife know. She might enjoy the monthly mag. The Boxster is going to be her daily driver and she tells me she'll keep the car as long as it's under warranty. She got the 6-year, unlimited mileage plan through Porsche so we'll see how long that actually lasts. When a new shiny thing pops in front of her, perspectives change.
(BTW - I'm not new and shiny, but she keeps me around...)

If you purchased a brand new Porsche they ought to give you a subscription to "Christophorus" the official publication of Porsche AG as well. I would enquire at the dealership, were I you. Very nice mag devoted to one subject. Panorama is also top notch.

Aside from Prime, I think Rennlist is one of the best forums out there in terms of helpfulness and activity. 6SO is not bad either but it's mixed with other exotics so if you want a more purely Porsche forum, Rennlist is a good start. Pelican great too but seems focused mostly on air-cooled stuff.

I chose Rennlist and just did the free subscription. Site seems knowledgeable and fairly easy to navigate. Thanks!

I joined Rennlist a few months ago as I caught the Cayman bug ..... Really like the 981 Cayman and actually thinking of selling my NSX and getting one :confused:

The Cayman is the future of Porsche.
H-

Thanks for all the helpful input! Such a nice response. I'll check with the dealership (I purchased out of state) to see about that free subscription. Although I've only driven the Boxster about 10 miles, it seems nice enough. However, PDK just doesn't have the thrill of a 6spd manual. I'll stick with the NSX. :)
Wife on the other hand should love the car for a daily driver.

I'd eventually like to join the ranks of Cayman owners (though I have no plans to sell my NSX!). A friend has a Boxter S from the last year that they produced the 6-cylinder engine...nice car. I recently showed up uninvited at a Porsche social event, told them that I had an NSX but was also interested in Porsches, and they treated me like one of their own.

Good to see the NSX getting respect! My wife's previous daily driver was an SLK350. She had a detailing crew come by the house last week to prep it for sale after the new Boxster showed up. Of course my NSX is also in the garage. She told me that the guys detailing the MB liked the Boxster but they couldn't get over the NSX and really wanted a chance to detail it one day. She said they just went on and on about how cool and rare the NSX was. Gotta love it. ;-)

Back