• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

possible MI NSX cruise?

I'm just checking interest on this, not actually arranging anything yet, but I have an idea I'd like to pass on to the Midwest crew.

I recently met a gentleman who is starting a nonprofit organization to raise money to build a youth/community complex here near Traverse City, MI. He met me, and asked if I knew any way to raise some money. I told him I'd do what I can. I believe his intentions are true and good, and I hope he can accomplish his dream of building this complex for the area. However, he will never be able to do it w/o help.

I havn't been a member of Prime long, and I don't own an NSX (though I think about them daily), but I have already fond that a good number of the members here are goodhearted and do what they can to help other members out.

Based on the above information, I decided I would suggest a Northern MI cruise. I personally will set up all the details, and I have no problem doing so. All I ask is that someone gives me a ride in their NSX for the cruise. Before the cruise, I would like to collect any donations people would be willing to give. No donation would be required, and donations would not have to be in the form of money. Items could be donated that we could sell/auction to help raise money.

Now, the cruise I suggest would start in Bay Harbor, where I can reserve rooms at the Inn at Bay Harbor. From there, there are two different courses i could recommend. One is to go up to Harbor Springs, and along the single most beautiful 20 mile stretch up to Cross Village, and then back down again. The other option is to head south to Traverse City and up Old Mission Peninsula and back, touring wine country. There are a number of fantastic restaurants here to please almost anyone. And the cherry blossoms are out, making driving here exceptionally beautiful this time of year.

If you are interested, please let me know. I stand to gain nothing financially from this. I just get to surround myself with some of the most beautiful cars ever made, and even help a good cause in the process. I can be reached on email, or in this thread. If you are interested, let me know what you need to know, and let me know when would work best for you guys. My schedule is open.

For details on Bay Harbor and the Inn at Bay Harbor, please follow the links below.

Also, if you think this is a wasted idea, let me know. I may be way off base suggesting this. Thanks for taking the time to actually read all of this.

http://www.bayharbor.com/

http://www.bayharborresortandmarina.com/

Poet I see your from Traverse City funny because my Inlaws live there. My Wife teaches and has the summers off so she will be there in June- July for three weeks. I plan on going over around July1-5th but dont know if I will bring the NSX or not I do know I will bring the SS Badger over into Ludington.

I think your intentions are good but I dont think you will get more than a handfull of NSXs for your cause it's hard to say. You might want to go to a few other Car Clubs and check with them. I think your friend should check with some local Business Men for a Fund Raiser also.

If I do bring the X over I would be happy to give you a ride I know all of those roads your talking about and that area. I will be at our Cabin at Starvation Lake though and only in Traverse Wed or Thursday I will keep you posted. BTW my Inlaws live up the hill from Mountain Jacks by the Bay.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Poet and Steven

Sitting here about three miles from Mountain Jacks (raining and 50 drgrees) on the East Bay wondering about the guys going to Gingerman tommorrow I stumble on this post! I have a summer home here in TC and the X is sitting in Grand Rapids. I am also new to Prime but am told there is an NSX here in TC and I have a neighbor in GR with one as well. I am also told there are several more in GR, Mi. I wonder how many guys know about Bay Harbor (truely a world class resort) and the Concours they have in July. It is worth the visit that is for sure. I wonder Poet if you could culivate enough interest to get several NSX's up here. But, how would you use them to raise money? What is the group for who your friend is raising money for?

Charlie

Hello Charlie do you know when the Concours is in July? and do you need tickets to get in or is it open to the public.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

re: all

1) if I can raise even $100 dollars, that is $100 that we didn't have before. I just thought it would be great to get even a handful of NSX's together here. I certainly am not expecting an NSXPO type of turn-out.

2) Charlie, if you feel a need to get out, stop in and see me. I run Northern Rental Center in Charlevoix. I'm in the Kmart Plaza off of M66.

3) for information about the Bay Harbor car show, try the link below. It was a $10 addmission fee last year, but you did receive a full color, high gloss program. It is easily worth the $10 to me. And how impressive would it be to have a number of NSX's roll in to Bay Harbor at once for the show?!?!?! :eek:

http://www.bayharborconcours.com/

4) If you need to see an NSX in Traverse City, Wares Auto (corner of Woodmere & 8th) has a 96 red/tan NSX-T for sale. If not on display in their lot, it is in their garage, and I am sure they would be happy to show it to you.

Again, if I can do anything to help this meet come together, please just let me know.

Poet

1.) You forgot to share the name and details of the charity, but I am sure someone here might donate some money with a good post with some details.

2.) Live in TC and work in Charlevoix huh! We get there often, this evening were headed to Tapawingo, in Elsworth, for our thirth wedding anniversary celeration. If I bring the X up I will stop by and get you that ride.

3.) We will have to see if there is any response to this process for BayHarbor. I remember last year they did have a space set aside that had some typical exotics, my guess is that they would allow us in that area to park and probably waive and fees.

4.) I use 8th street all the time and spotted the red X at Wares. He seems to keep some nice cars around for a city as small as TC.

Keep me posted on what happens here. The wife and I usually boat up to Bayharbor for the show, for those reading this they also have a in water boat show of wooden boats during the concour, so if anyone decides to come perhaps we could bring up the X!

Charlie

Steven

Hopefully you looked at the bayharbor info, if you are not familiar w/the resort or the event it is worth a visit.

What does the wife teach?

I see a black x with some decent rims, what year and is it still stock? I am the original owner of a 91 that is bone stock w only 20K on it. I have been doing a bunch of research and am waiting for some results of recent SC installs over by you at Brookfield Acura. Whichever provides the most HP gain is going to be added to my X. I also bought a 2002 3.2L engine w/1K miles that I am unsure now what I am going to do with. I hope this will happen this summer.

How close to Waukashaw are you?

Charlie

sorry I havn't explained more about the charity.

The nonprofit organization is the Angel Way Foundation. It's a startup foundation by a gentleman (Jim Barbera) in Traverse City. His goal is to raise enough money to build a large community center. This center will be focused on the health of mind, body, & soul. It is to include an olympic-size pool, a basketball court large enough to host a semi-pro basketball team (TC Defenders), a full library with health and spiritual publications and books, a nature hike, and an area to meet and relax.

Jim has a great number of sports memorabilia (?sp) that he has collected over the years that he has chosen to sell to raise money for the organization. This has been a dream of his for years that he has finally decided to pursue, and I think that the idea is worthwhile. I stand to gain nothing from this financially. I just think that a well built and comprehensive community center will be a great addittion to this community.

I hope this explains a bit more of what I am involved in. Again let me say that if I can organize this NSX cruise, I'll consider that a success, even if no donations are made. It just seems to me that this is a good reason to get some of us together to enjoy a cruise through some beautiful countrysides.

cbrickey said:
Steven

Hopefully you looked at the bayharbor info, if you are not familiar w/the resort or the event it is worth a visit.

I was by it a few years ago unreal is all I can say.

What does the wife teach?

She teaches introduction to Physical Therapy and is a Instructor at NWTC in Green Bay

I see a black x with some decent rims, what year and is it still stock? I am the original owner of a 91 that is bone stock w only 20K on it. I have been doing a bunch of research and am waiting for some results of recent SC installs over by you at Brookfield Acura. Whichever provides the most HP gain is going to be added to my X. I also bought a 2002 3.2L engine w/1K miles that I am unsure now what I am going to do with. I hope this will happen this summer.

How close to Waukashaw are you?

I am 100 miles away from Acura of Brookfield they are the guys you want working on your car they are great. I wish I was with all those guys today they left for Gingerman and are at the Track tomorrow.

I will keep in touch and maybe we can meet for lunch when I get over in July the North Peak Brewing Co is a cool place?

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Steven

Please email me or call my office (800-848-0022) as I would love to have a "cold pop" at north Peak!

I was thinking of flying down to Gingerman tommorrow but have been unable to convince the other half that would be good use of her time. I hope either Ken or John will post some results of their time there.

What are those five spoke rims, any mods for you?

Charlie

Poet,

Please have someone mail me details relating to this fund raising effort, including their 1033C forms. Send them to
Dubric Industries, Inc.
P.O. Box 43
Comstock Park, Michigan 49321
Attn. Charles Brickey

Certainly sounds like a worthwhile cause. The TC Defenders?

Well based on the response to this thread it seems that not many Michiganders are interested! I will ask one other fellow after the holidays and if interested I will let you know!

Charlie

cbrickey said:
Steven

Please email me or call my office (800-848-0022) as I would love to have a "cold pop" at north Peak!

I was thinking of flying down to Gingerman tommorrow but have been unable to convince the other half that would be good use of her time. I hope either Ken or John will post some results of their time there.

What are those five spoke rims, any mods for you?

Charlie they are Antera 121s 17-18 combo I think I got the last new set two years ago since they are discontinued. I think my car will be in this magazine out in a few days www.speedstylesound.com I was at Road America and they were there and took a bunch of shots. They even had a model so it will be interesting to see them so keep checking the site they should have the July issue out soon.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Hello

My NSX sees Charlevoix and its nearby roads (including the curvaceous M-32 between 131 and East Jordan) several times a year as both my wife and I have family vacation spots in the CVX area.

I would be interested in a little cruise through the country if I/we can fit it into our schedule this summer.

DanO

DanO

Another Michigander familiar w/the "north country". I know the stretch and I bet it is a wonderful NSX crusing experience. There is a similiar stretch in the Manistee National Forrest the back way into Traverse City I love as well. It will be interesting to see if we have any other people interested in some sort of get together as I would love to have some contact with others here that know and understand the NSX as a hobby. I have read some of your posts and again looks like you are someone I could learn from. If this goes no where and you are up please drop a line and I will buy the "cold pop" at Whitneys!

Charlie

i attempted to get a group of michigan and ohio nsxers together a while back but failed miserably. i couldn't get many of the peoples' schedules to line up just right.
i'll keep checking back to see if anything comes about from this. i'd be interested in attending.

Please keep me on your list of possible attendees, as these are some of the best driving and sightseeing roads in this part of the country!! We should really stop at the "legs inn" at cross village if possible. Great food and wierd decor.

JMeade

Nice to hear from the Buckeye State, especially someone familiar with the North Country in Michigan. Still looking for someone to organize this thought process (Poet_X where are you?) but it would be great to get a couple of us together. I am waiting for news from Brookfield on when mine will get some surgery, but July is a beautiful time!! Thanks for the post and if something happens I will make sure you get a email.

Charlie:cool:

Okay. In an attempt to put a bit of order to this chaos, allow me to at least offer up a good idea for a date...

The Bay Harbor Concours d'Elegance is on the 20th & 21st of June (a friday & saturday). This seems like a great reason to gather together. There is a $10 admission fee for the show, but that includes a high gloss quality program, and is worth every penny in my opinion. I would suggest meeting up on friday, if possible, and do a nice meet-and-greet at the hotel. Then, depending on the time, we could do an evening cruise to Traverse City & up Old Mission Peninsula. The views along the bay should be great at sunset if the weather permits. Then we could have a NSX dinner (I suggest Pearl's in Elk Rapids if noone is opposed to fine cajun food). The following day we could attend the Bay Harbor Concours d'Elegance, and then end with a cruise up through Harbor Springs and along the coast of Lake Michigan (corner lovers will call this paradise) and enjoy a meal at Leggs Inn in Cross Village or at The Fish in Stutzmanville. That would leave us with Sunday morning for a good breakfast (Mable's in Traverse City is great), and give time for any of you to get home before the end of Sunday. All in all, this should give us a great weekend together, some great rides, and some good food. Please let me know if this works for any of you, and if you have any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Friday, June 20th:
-meet & greet @ the Inn of Bay Harbor
-Old Mission wine country sunset cruise
-late dinner at Pearl's in Elk Rapids MI

Saturday, June 21st:
-Bay Harbor Concours d'Elegance (10:00 am open, 4:00 close, $10 admission fee)
-Harbor Springs to Cross Village cruise
-dinner at either Leggs Inn or The Fish

Sunday, June 22nd:
-breakfast at Mable's in Traverse City (open to suggestions here)
-say our goodbye's
-head for home

I think that the rest of the Michiganders are just slow. I would be interested in hooking up but my car still isn't done. Dano, I got your email and no I haven't put in the front brace as the car is still in TX. We recently got a place on Mullet Lake, not too far from you all and it would be great to get together some time this summer for a drive and dinner. Don't know if I can make the Concourse but sounds great.

Tim

not really, but it was just a thought anyway.

If anyone can make it that wekend, I'd be happy to meet up and show them around/hang out. If not, life goes on. I'll be at the show, and I'll enjoy myself w/ or w/o company. It just seemed like it would be nice to have a northern MI cruise (as there are VERY few NSX's here). That and the picture opportunities are unreal here. Oh well. It doesn't hurt my feelings if this doesn't happen. It was just a thought...

Hey Guys!
Count me in at least for the Saturday cruise, but I have to return to TC for the evening! Friday late afternoon and Pearls may be an option as well. As long as the liitle guy is ok, he is currently ill, I would look forward to it!
Charlie:) :D :D

Okay. If anyone needs reservations made, let me know. Also, if this is going to happen, please let me know what time you have available. If I can get the schedules of everyone who canmake it, i can throw together a more solid plan. Let me know what I can do to help get this solid.

Back