• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Posting horsepower

I saw a corvette the other day and noticed that it had the horsepower(400) posted on the side and this is the first time I have seen this. Is this Corvette's way to let the general public know that this is not your standard run of the mill corvette or is this customized but the owner? Don't get me wrong, although this does not really make much sense to me to put the horsepower on the side of the car, I am not in anyway trying to put down the car I was just curious. I am not really a Corvette person so I would not be able to tell the exact year. If I had to guess I would assume it is a 2006 and up.

the c6 zo6 has the 505 hp on the side badge not sure about the c5.

Z06's have the hp on the fender badge. 385, 405, 505 depending on the year. Not bad numbers so no shame in hiding it.

There's a C5 corvette I see every day on the way to work that has a huge lightning bolt on the sides of it. I need to get a picture. It's amazing in a sad sad way.

Here in Australia the Holden comodores R8 or GTS have it on the back. 297 or 307 or 317 that is KW.:smile:

Back