• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Presidential Detailed: 2005 Acura NSX

If you guys remember the yellow on yellow 03' NSX, http://www.nsxprime.com/forums//showthread.php?t=126968, then you should see the owner "other" NSX. :D This is a very rare 2005 Long Beach Blue Pearl/Camel Interior. The car is in PERFECT condition, and I am sure most people would never think to have any amount of paint polishing done besides a simple wax. But at Presidential Detailing, we look past that! ;) The car did have some minor swirling, nothing to complain about but the owner wanted it PERFECT. I thoroughly enjoyed working on this car, the paint is just absolutely beautiful!

Only 11k on this one too!
4862.jpg

When I arrived, the car was just a little dirty from a previous drive. The car has never been driven in the rain. I started with the wheels.
4848.jpg

4849.jpg

4856.jpg

After dwelling in P21S and agitating.
4868.jpg

There were a few bird droppings here and there, luckily the front of the car has a clearbra on it because they looked kinda dried up and would have definitely etched into the soft Honda paint.
4853.jpg

4854.jpg

4857.jpg

There were also several twigs, leaves, etc wedged into the front mesh grill.
4860.jpg

After the wash, it was time to prep by taping off any areas that may cause trouble.
4875.jpg

Re: Presidential Detailed: 2005 Acura NSX SUPER RARE!!

The were some pretty obvious scratches near the key hole.
4877.jpg

Somehow I only managed to get two after shots(it was raining outside so light was limited in the garage)
4879.jpg

4880.jpg

It was difficult to capture the defects, but they were there.
4884.jpg

4885.jpg

Applying the first coat of Blackfire Sealant.
4887.jpg

After.
4888.jpg

4882.jpg

4888.jpg

Great job, Billy! I went and looked at an 04 NSX today for a future correction. They are some sweet cars!

Did you use a wax on top of the Blackfire, if so what kind?

The Blackfire Midnight Sun carnuba is specifically designed to go on top of the Wet Diamond sealant. The combo is called "Wet-Ice over Fire" and is extremely attractive. It looks fantastic on my Sebring Silver.

This is exactly what I used. Two coats of Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant topped with a coat of Blackfire Midnight Sun Caranuba Wax. I would not recommend nor use ANYTHING else but this combo, you just cannot beat the looks and durability this product gives on ANY color!

Just wanted to say thanks again Billy!! As always, you did an amazing job! I was a little embarrassed about the bird poo on the NSX though, that should be a crime! :biggrin:

Just wanted to say thanks again Billy!! As always, you did an amazing job! I was a little embarrassed about the bird poo on the NSX though, that should be a crime! :biggrin:

Just dont let it happen again! You dont want to ruin the perfect paint job!!! :biggrin:

How long does this finish last? I haven't really found anything for my sebring silver. That blackfire stuff is a bit expensive. How many applications can you do with that kit?

The Blackfire Midnight Sun carnuba is specifically designed to go on top of the Wet Diamond sealant. The combo is called "Wet-Ice over Fire" and is extremely attractive. It looks fantastic on my Sebring Silver.

How long does this finish last? I haven't really found anything for my sebring silver. That blackfire stuff is a bit expensive. How many applications can you do with that kit?

With the Blackfire Sealant and Carnuaba Wax combined anywhere from 4-6 months I have found. Although I would recommend applying it atleast every 3 months or monthly even for a nice coat at all times.

If the price is holding you back, I would just get a bottle of the Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant, it is cheap and it will last you a VERY long time. You only need maybe 5-10 dots on a pad to do the entire car once. I am only on my second bottle in a year and I do this for a living! ;)

Back