• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Price check on a 2005 with 17k miles JH4NA21605S000219

A seller here in Quebec is asking me 75 000$ for a 2005 with 17k miles. Car is red on black.

I know that there's a huge difference between asking price and actual purchase price. And the seller has been trying to sell this car for over a year.

How much do you think the car is really worth? 60K?

thanks

Re: Price check on a 2005 with 17k miles

If the car doesn't have any stories $65 would be fair, anything below that is a deal. Canadian delivered car might be worth more due to rarity.

my .02

Last edited:

A car is worth what someone is willing to pay. So really, it depends on YOUR budget and how bad you want that 2005 with 17k miles, red on black.

I know, generic answer, but it's an accurate answer. I personally could give two shits what KBB says, I would only sell my car for a value I feel is fair. Someone can either buy it for that, or I will keep it.

A car is worth what someone is willing to pay. So really, it depends on YOUR budget and how bad you want that 2005 with 17k miles, red on black.

I personally could give two shits what KBB says, I would only sell my car for a value I feel is fair. Someone can either buy it for that, or I will keep it.

I couldn't agree more. KBB is largely useless, but I suppose you have to have some arbitrary value reference points for sheeple.

I think 75K is strong, I think 65K is closer for a relatively common colorway. You get what you pay for with free advice though.

Last edited:

Canadian delivered car might be worth more due to rarity.

True they are rare.
Have you ever heard the saying: "No money, no candy"
HIJACKER is right also.
The question is: "how much do you want that NSX?"
Goodluck*

Regards

I don't absolutely want that NSX. I would be thrilled to get it as I've wanted one for many, many years, but not at any price.

I am pretty certain no one will come close to his asking price, especially since the car is in Northern Quebec.

I don't absolutely want that NSX. I would be thrilled to get it as I've wanted one for many, many years, but not at any price.

I am pretty certain no one will come close to his asking price, especially since the car is in Northern Quebec.

The NSX is an awesome car, I understand what you mean "I would be thrilled to get it as I've wanted one for many, many years"

For the asking price, we never know. There is always someone somewhere willing to pull the trigger. After all, I've done 5000 km to get mine. ;)

Regards

Car price is based on two things, how much a buyer is willing to pay and how much another seller is willing to sell theirs for.

Personally, I wouldnt pay 75k, because I could probably find another seller who would be willing to sell a great car in the 60's. If this is *exactly* what you want, then perhaps it is worth the premium to lock it in.

I asked the seller for the VIN number to run a carfax but he doesn't want to give it to me, saying how his Honda dealership is fully licensed and what not....I just told him that I'm not buying the car without the VIN number. If he still refuses I'm moving on.

is there a link to this car we can look at? what dealership is it? if we knew what dealership it is we can " get into their server "

if the guy will not give you the VIN then he is hiding something.

NO VIN NO CANDY

Last edited:

is there a link to this car we can look at? what dealership is it? if we knew what dealership it is we can " get into their server "

if the guy will not give you the VIN then he is hiding something.

NO VIN NO CANDY

This is the dealer's website ad:

http://www.lamihonda.com/ou/rouyn-noranda/3914_3334/inv/2005AcuraNSX/91697A

The car is about 6 hours away from where I live so there is no way I'm driving up there without the assurance that the carfax is clean.

Seller says the car was originally bought in the US in 2009.

Last edited:

Turns out the seller just didn't have the VIN with him as the car is stored.

Someone from his dealer gave it to me. Here it is:

JH4NA21605S000219

Can anyone find out any information on this VIN for me?

thanks

If I remember right, this car is located in northern California. It was a one owner car back in Nov 2008, asking $75,900 with 5,200 miles. In Apr 2009, the price dropped to $63,900. At that time, I loved it, but due to my budget I continued looking for one within my pocket price. Hope this helps! Good luck. :biggrin:

Actually the car is now located in Northern Quebec.

If the asking price was 64,900$ back in early 2009, it probably sold for around 60,000$. Since then almost 3 years have passed and the seller put on 12,000 more miles which makes it curious at to why his asking price is 79,000$ even if he imported it to Canda. (he owns a dealership so I'm sure his import costs were a lot less than a private party)

I don't think I'll be able to come close to the seller's asking price though...I don't think the car is worth more than 60,000$ and I seriously doubt someone is going to write him a cheque for more than that amount since he's located in a very remote area way up North. (the car doesn't get any exposure)

If I can't come to an agreement for this car I guess I'll just get a new Boxster S for the same price and enjoy 4 years of bumper-to-bumper warranty as well as 30 more horsepower;p

If you are willing to give up on the nsx so easily then you are not a true nsx buyer....sounds more like you are a midengine sportscar buyer.In that case the cayman s would be my suggestion.

If you are willing to give up on the nsx so easily then you are not a true nsx buyer....sounds more like you are a midengine sportscar buyer.In that case the cayman s would be my suggestion.

I'm simply not willing to pay more than what the seller actually paid for the car 3 years ago.

I understand that the NSX doesn't depreciate a lot, but I have to remain reasonable even though I've always wanted an NSX.

I'm not trying to convince you to overpay..just commenting on your statement about getting a boxter.There are plenty of Canadian owners,who have posted there journey to nsx ownership

I just ran the carfax report and....:frown:

Apparently there are odometer ''issues''...I'm sure one little mistake can happen, but the report lists two mistakes...Plus the seller (Quebec) told me he bought it directly from the US but Carfax says the car went to Alberta at some point...

Let me know if you can see it:

http://www.carfax.com/viewEmailRepo...lRiyvy3lJTgaMf7kbIgfWw4A2gk0otw==&language=en

Something else to consider, the NSX value has actually been increasing slightly over the years. There are some threads in regards to this discussion.

Another thing to note, it really doesn't matter what someone bought the car for, it's the price it is now compared to the value that you're getting and what you want. If someone is willing to spend $75k, then they will get that car and you will still be on the market looking.

It's simple really, if you want a NSX, there are two ways to do so successfully.

Option 1 - Determine your budget (what you are willing to spend at most), and shop for the best value you can find.

Option 2 - Determine what car you want exactly, year, condition, mods, color, etc. and wait patiently until it appears and matches your expectations and pay the seller the asking price before someone else does.

Just remember, category 1 buyers are still competing against category 2 buyers, which tends to impact pricing on the NSX as remaining firm or only slightly negotiable.

I just ran the carfax report and....:frown:

Apparently there are odometer ''issues''...I'm sure one little mistake can happen, but the report lists two mistakes...Plus the seller (Quebec) told me he bought it directly from the US but Carfax says the car went to Alberta at some point...

Let me know if you can see it:

http://www.carfax.com/viewEmailRepo...lRiyvy3lJTgaMf7kbIgfWw4A2gk0otw==&language=en

Here is your problem, this car had 20k miles in late 2008 :):
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115143

Here is your problem, this car had 20k miles in late 2008 :):
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115143

How do you know that the car I am talking about it the exact same one as the one in the link you posted? Your thread mentions of a ''light colored interior'' while the one I am looking at here in Quebec has a black interior.

You will find this info if you follow shawn's second link.

Back