• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

pricing trend questions

since the 2nd gen became available. 1st gen vs 2nd gen head to head reviews still hold a candle to the 1st gen in driving feel. I see 1st gen prices has been going up in classified listings.
At this time a 91 NSX 5speed with milage of 70K to 110k are listing anywhere between $38,000 to $45000.

My Questions are
1. Are people actually selling at these prices given the car has a Clean car fax and ready to drive conditions?

2. Experts, Do you think prices may continue to raise? or are the 1st gen Maxing out?

Im asking because I am lucky enough to have a 100% California 91 for 10 years now in my garage. Unfortunately, I dont remember when was the last time I drove mine because LA traffic are getting worse and worse.

Last edited:
Honestly, I just bought one with about 100k miles and I paid on the lower end of that spectrum.

I had a 91 4 years prior and prices were about 10-12k less than what they are now.

I honestly believe that was due to the market at the time. People are having a lot more stability now, so the prices are a reflection of that. I think the prices would drop again if we hit another bump in the economy.

If not, then I see them staying steady within this range for a little while. Eventually, I do think they will drop in another 10 years.

I do not see the values of first gen NSXs dropping anytime soon. People who wanted one when they were young (and broke) in their earlier years are now entering their prime earning years. The NSX sits at the top of the 90's Japanese sports cars. Collectors are just starting to appreciate that segment. It is no different than the 60's muscle car folks who wanted what they could not afford when they were young. I would not wait for a price drop across the board if I were you. My guess you will be waiting a long time.

I do not see the values of first gen NSXs dropping anytime soon. People who wanted one when they were young (and broke) in their earlier years are now entering their prime earning years. The NSX sits at the top of the 90's Japanese sports cars. Collectors are just starting to appreciate that segment. It is no different than the 60's muscle car folks who wanted what they could not afford when they were young. I would not wait for a price drop across the board if I were you. My guess you will be waiting a long time.

Prices being at this level or even appreciating is good. 10 years of ownership and no depreciation is very different. my 91 was in the $28K to $35K range for the last 10 years. Its more of a question of if this pricing trend is temporary or will it stay. Like a stock.. would like to miss the high wave in case i need to cash in.

I think prices are going up, but sales don't seem to be...on eBay only a few sell throught and dealers have had them in inventory awhile...I think a few are trading hands, I just bought mine 3 weeks ago at what most on this forum would think is a very good deal. I thought it was an ok deal, but it check the right boxes for me.

1. Are people actually selling at these prices given the car has a Clean car fax and ready to drive conditions?No, the numbers are most likely a little lower. A "good" early model is probably selling around mid thirties in most instances.2. Experts, Do you think prices may continue to raise? or are the 1st gen Maxing out?In my humble, non-expert opinion the NSX hasn't hit a ceiling yet. I would project that low 40s will be the entry point for any NSX purchase over the next few years with sales in the mid to low 50s being the "normal" price. I would think that the "average nice" NSX will max out around $60-70k in today's dollars once everything is said and done. Later year models with their associated lower production numbers will have a higher ceiling of course.I babbled a bit more here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/189199-So-just-what-price-will-an-NSX-be-in-5-years

"Is this a factory color for the NSX?"No.There is a color similar to it that was available in the Japanese markets, but not quite this color. As you can see in the photo below the paint code sticker is missing, it should be right above the door latch
ClNvmP.jpg
You may also notice that the roof was painted. In 1991, they were black. Looks like they did the pillars in a flat black rather than gloss, but hard to know for sure in that light.

^^^That color is hideous. Thank god it wasn't a factory option. All it needs is a rag top and vogue tires... Ick!

Its definitely not a OEM color but I don't think it looks bad, just different. That said, I'd be very careful of a car thats been completely repainted but is otherwise is stock, a good lookover by a knowledgeable NSX tech for signs of body damage would be prudent.

I really want one. But I'm just not sure of when too buy. I would hate to pay for todays market value just to see go the trend go bye bye in the near future.

I regret not picking one up back in 2008-2010 :frown:

I really want one. But I'm just not sure of when too buy. I would hate to pay for todays market value just to see go the trend go bye bye in the near future.

I regret not picking one up back in 2008-2010 :frown:

It's not going down anymore than it already did, better make your move

It's not going down anymore than it already did, better make your move

I think I'm just going to keep looking at the auctions.

I was thinking about this one at co part. But its black :(, I want a red one lol.

https://www.copart.com/lot/36985946...query=nsx&query=nsx&displayStr=Search Results

Did anyone catch the serial number on this one? The ad is gone now but it was the lowest I've ever seen in the wild.

No sorry, but it was being offered by Platinum Autohaus. Hope that helps.

610 N PACIFIC COAST HWY REDONDO BEACH, CA 90277
(888) 379-9027

I bought mine in 2011 under a salvaged title due to being a theft recovery vehicle for 16,500... It was a mother f@cker to restore but it was fun as hell. Parts were missing and the car was thrashed. But the frame was solid. No accidents.If I could do it all over again, I would have saved my money to buy a better condition car. But then again, it wouldn't be sitting in my garage and been driven for the few years like the gem I picked up. Good luck finding even a salvaged nsx for under 30k now unless your a dealer with auction insight. I would find one and buy. I only see prices rising lately. Like when the gtr 35 came out. Older hammered gtr's jumped in price and stayed there...

great there actually is a wrecked vin topic in the wiki...so when folks google a vin it gets linked to prime and folks can learn the oft hidden truth.

Back